Re: Battlefront 2 not Launching

by DuvainFeynorim

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Nothing is working for me. I've tried everything that others have done. I even uninstalled the game and re-installed it. IT WORKED ONCE, and now it doesn't at all. I payed 80$ for a bugged out game that I can't even play. Before this update everything was fine, and now my shots in game barley do damage, the game won't load, and lightsaber heros might as well not even have a saber, cause it WILL not block anything. To add to that, my sens feels faster at some times, and slower at others. I've checked everything and I've done all I can. You just cant fix something that doesn't want to be fixed. I want a patch soon, cause I payed for this *.

Message 41 of 56 (3,823 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here, bought the game and downloaded it last night. I ran it this morning, before going to work. It started without problems. Now I'm back from work and it won't run anymore. I didn't do anything, just turned off and on the PC today. I suspect it has something to do with EA's DRM.

Guess I should have read the forums before buying a broken piece of Software. Rarely using Origin anyways, because it's owned by EA and the only other game I play here is Titanfall 2.

This just confirms yet again that EA is a company that does not deserve any of my money. Should have sticked to that principle from the beginning. I'll just leave this here for others as a warning. Have a great day.

Message 42 of 56 (3,719 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I went into origin: BF2, Clicked the settings for that game. Clicked game properties and clicked 'disable origin in-game overlay. Worked like a charm hope it helps you guys. Although now the game itself is completely broken. EA. . .for the love of god. . . .its a beautiful game with flaws that enjoyed anyway until you broke it. Do you have any QA at all?

Message 43 of 56 (3,674 Views)

★★ Novice

This is beyond a joke, I can't believe a multi million dollar company can't patch their games right. I've done every trick in the book to try and fix it but to no avail. I don't understand why it should be the users job to find a fix when developers are being paid to maintain this software. EA is by far one of the scummiest distributers in the industry right now and it's frustrating. Hopefully somebody can find a fix soon so I haven't wasted my money.

Message 44 of 56 (3,650 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Alright, looks like they finally fixed it with todays patch.

If anyone still encounters this problem:

The fix is to delete the "GstRender.ShadowQuality" line in the ProfileOptions_config file

Origin has to be restarted.

But it doesn't always work. It's still random, but you better your chances. People tried deleting the whole Battlefront folder in Documents and then it should have worked, but often didn't.

Alot of suggestions in this post https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Battlefront-2-won-t-launch/td-p/6580204/page/1 do not work.

Apparently people thought they fixed the problem by doing one thing, for example disabling Origin in game, and successfully running the game afterwards. It didn't fix the problem, because the game just started by random chance.

Just my 2 cents.

See you one the Battlefield.

Message 45 of 56 (3,557 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, so if this is still a large issue for people I put in how I have been getting the game to work for about 2 weeks now in this post, might as well try it right? It requires no setting changes or anything for me to play, just got to launch an alternate way. Hope it works for you.

Message 46 of 56 (3,518 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have tried everything mentioned here. Literally everything. Repaired the game, tried to lunch from elsewhere, lunch as an administrator, uncompress the documents folder, disable origin in game and also the cloud save, beyond that disabled the Nvidia and Discord too just in case... deleted the settings folder then repaired again... ANYTHING!

The slightly little progress what I managed to get is that after the picture with Maul and Ray, the video starts for 2-3 seconds and then crashing... If I skip it, the connecting pic crashing after 2-3 seconds...

I do not have any idea how to make it work! Please help!

Message 47 of 56 (3,161 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much!

Message 48 of 56 (2,646 Views)

★★ Novice

My game will also not launch, it opens up a black screen then nothing, I have tried multiple different 'fixes', none of them seeming to be of use.

Message 49 of 56 (2,643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you iSiragxl ! that worked for me, after 6 months of trying a lot of things!!

I just had this issue today and managed to fix it. I opened the laucher and select Battlefront 2, then I clicked on the cogwheel and selected properties, after I went to cloudstorage and disabled it. Now try starting the game, for me that worked. After you start the game once and it's working again you can go back to the same settings and enable it again. Now it should keep working. Please reply if this also worked for you.

Message 50 of 56 (2,312 Views)