Battlefront 2 error code 524

by zer0asnumber

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront 2 error code 524

★ Novice

So battlefront 2 is free on epic games, been playing the campaign, now i want to play online, but when I try connecting, error code 524 pops out.
I tried searching for a solution, all pointing out that the problem is because the account is under 13 year old, I'm already 22 and my EA account is the same as mine, I don't know how to fix it

Message 1 of 19 (4,783 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefront 2 error code 524

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am having this same problem. I tried using google's public DNS servers and flushing my dns cache. It did not help.

UPDATE: After several different long conversations with EA Support, I was finally able to find someone who discovered the issue was because my account was inactive. I hadn't played any EA games for many years, so my account was disabled for online play. She was able to reactivate my account and now I no longer get the 524 error. If anyone else has the 524 error, and your age isn't restricting you from playing, I recommend contacting support and making sure your account is not disabled, especially if you have not used your account in a long time.

View in thread

Message 3 of 19 (4,738 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @zer0asnumber 

I can see your account is over 13 so let's try some other troubleshooting. Try updating your DNS settings with the instructions here. Let me know what happens. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 19 (4,758 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am having this same problem. I tried using google's public DNS servers and flushing my dns cache. It did not help.

UPDATE: After several different long conversations with EA Support, I was finally able to find someone who discovered the issue was because my account was inactive. I hadn't played any EA games for many years, so my account was disabled for online play. She was able to reactivate my account and now I no longer get the 524 error. If anyone else has the 524 error, and your age isn't restricting you from playing, I recommend contacting support and making sure your account is not disabled, especially if you have not used your account in a long time.

Message 3 of 19 (4,739 Views)

★ Novice

but 3 months ago i am playing apex legends, but i will try that, thankyou

Message 4 of 19 (4,704 Views)

★ Novice

it worked, thank you very much, i changed the DNS

Message 5 of 19 (4,687 Views)

Community Manager

@zer0asnumber 

Great! If you have any other issues, please reach out to us again. Good luck!

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 19 (4,595 Views)

Error Message 524

★★★ Newbie

Downloaded Battlefront 2 on Xbox series X and  received error message 524 - saying I can't get online. Does anyone have any input on how to fix this?

Message 7 of 19 (4,547 Views)

★ Novice

How do you update your dns

Message 8 of 19 (4,196 Views)

★ Novice

How do you stop error code 524 because I have looked every where and I carny find a solutions for how to play online and I carn’t find out how to do it?

Message 9 of 19 (4,193 Views)

Community Manager

@Coolnugget194 

What system are you playing on? I'll get you those instructions for updating your DNS.

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 19 (4,168 Views)