Battlefront 2 error code 216

★★ Newbie
What should I do I keep getting an error code 216 on battlefront 2
Message 1 of 33 (53,647 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefront 2 error code 216

Community Manager

@demev7488

Additional connectivity troubleshooting may help you: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Let us know either way, thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 33 (53,734 Views)

All Replies

ERROR 216

★★ Novice

what can i do for solve "Error 216 unnable to connect"?

Message 2 of 33 (53,276 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've been playing all morning, now all I get is Error 216. All my other games work. My internet works. I've reset my Xbox multiple times. Nothing helps.
Message 3 of 33 (53,468 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I changed the TCP port to 3074. Now it's working.
Message 4 of 33 (53,398 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@fantomassan@Ethan12880@BobaYeti@Alejandrooooo9

The following link has all the relevant ports per platform and info on how to open/forward ports:

****EDIT****

Link corrected: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-battlefront-ii/troubleshoot-star-wars-battlefront...

barry.png
Message 5 of 33 (53,193 Views)

★★★ Novice

What should I do or who should I go to for more help if opening up ports does not solve Error Code: 216?

I play on the PS4 and have opened up the recommended TCP and UDP ports for recommended SWBF 2 as well as the EA PS4 ports in general and every game I try to join, does not matter the game type, I have tried them all, it gets to the first milestone bar of the download bar, I get Error Code: 216.

I am on a wired connection and I have made sure my router is up to date with it's firmware.

I was able to play a few rounds last Saturday (03/03/18) but besides that day, I have not been able to play for weeks. It's been really frustrating. I bought the deluxe edition on pre-order and really want to play this game more often and I can't.

Message 6 of 33 (52,427 Views)

Community Manager

@demev7488

Additional connectivity troubleshooting may help you: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Let us know either way, thanks.

barry.png
Message 7 of 33 (53,735 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am still running into Error: 216 on every game type (blast, heroes vs villains, ect).

The newest link you posted suggested I reset my router. I reset my modem and router.

I double checked the TCP/UDP ports for EA and SWBF2 for PS4 and they are all open.

My internet connection is wired to my PS4, so switching from wireless to wired, moving my router or changing my wireless channel would not apply for me.

My game copy is digital, so I un-installed and re-installed the game with the same results.

I ran a ping/speed test on my desktop that is connected by wired as well on the same router.

Download Speed: 948.77 Mbps

Upload Speed: 37.79 Mbps

Ping: 9ms

I ran a UOTrace as well. I can send you the results if needed.

The three servers closest to me had an avg of 10-15 ms ping with the worst ping for 51 ms ping.

Message 8 of 33 (52,301 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey @demev7488, thanks for all the information! Could you send me the uo-tracer in a pm.

Thanks!

/Atic
Message 9 of 33 (52,210 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @demev7488 Thanks for the Uo-trace! 

So what I can see everything looks fine on the Uo-trace. 

Only a minor spike on the network. 

image.png

Other then that everything looks fine, no major spikes and no packed los. 

Edit: 

on second Uo-tracer you sent me 

There is a major packet loss issue and something would make you disconnect as you lose data to our servers. I recommend that you contact your ISP to solve this issue. 

image.png

/Atic 

Message 10 of 33 (52,162 Views)