Re: Battlefront 2 crashing after update

★ Novice
thanks
Message 11 of 35 (3,916 Views)

★★ Guide

@Arma-x7750 @EA_Ataashi 

Hi,

Looks like great result for some folks but I suspect that there are probably some out there that still need help. I have learn't a lot today!

1) Not everyone has a documents file on their C drive with a SWBF2 folder. I found mine on MS cloud. I have no idea why setup would preferentially place the file there.

2) Deleting the folder doesn't work for everyone

3) My folder contains a settings file containing the following lines

GstRender.EnableDx12 0
GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 1
GstRender.FullscreenRefreshRate 59.860001
GstRender.FullscreenScreen 0
GstRender.ResolutionHeight 1600
GstRender.ResolutionWidth 2560
GstRender.WindowBordersEnable 1

As you can see there is no line "GstRender.ShadowQuality" to delete anyway.

So my problem was similar to everyone else. SWBF2 loaded in my case to a "near full screen" window. After the introductory screen finished and faded the screen went black although I could hear the background music and sounds as per normal. Eventually the app crashes back to the Origin screen.

After trying numerous recommended solutions unsuccessfully, I loaded SWBF2 to another PC. 4 hrs of download I eventually run SWBF2 up and hey presto it worked.  The resolution of this 2nd PC was set at 1920x1440. Next step shut down the app and restart on the 1st PC.

It starts up ok and I have tested running arcade. But its set to the resolution of the 2nd PC (1920x1440) not the resolution of the 1st PC (2560x1600) ...so its in a window not full screen. If I now go to the settings and adjust to 2560x1600 it crashes. Reload again and I have changed the resolution to 2560x1440 ….it still runs no crash.

Long and short ...I have a fix that works for me (but not full screen). I really hope I have made my actions clear and understandable. Standard smile

Message 12 of 35 (3,916 Views)

★★ Novice

The tip of editing the ProfileOptions_profile worked for me.

Message 13 of 35 (3,906 Views)

★ Novice

Alderaan that documents folder, it worked...was the fix for my crashing

Message 14 of 35 (3,900 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same old story again: new update, old problems. Game won't start. Stuck on loading screen. Are these people completely incapable to do their job? Tried to repair it and delete the mentioned line and it doesn't work. 

Message 15 of 35 (3,898 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I followed your path "C: \ Users \ Username \ Documents \ STAR WARS Battlefront II \ settings" but can't find "GstRender.ShadowQuality" help?
Message 16 of 35 (3,881 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

guys it didn't work for me please help!

Message 17 of 35 (3,858 Views)

★★ Guide

@lcygiant 

Try

1) make a copy/backup of the BootOptions file (in case things go wrong and you can restore it later)

2) Delete the BootOptions file

3) Reboot and reload SWBF2

It might work for you as it did for some others.

Like you I had no line "GstRender.ShadowQuality". There appear to be many, many variants on the PC front.

Good Luck Standard smile

Message 18 of 35 (3,828 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It worked for me, thanks a lot!!!

Message 19 of 35 (3,809 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you. I contacted EA Support, multiple threads in google and have tried multiple options, none of which worked.
Thanks for pointing to the right option (wish EA support knew that) as it worked like a charm.

Thanks again, owe you !!!!!
Message 20 of 35 (3,765 Views)