Looks like great result for some folks but I suspect that there are probably some out there that still need help. I have learn't a lot today!
1) Not everyone has a documents file on their C drive with a SWBF2 folder. I found mine on MS cloud. I have no idea why setup would preferentially place the file there.
2) Deleting the folder doesn't work for everyone
3) My folder contains a settings file containing the following lines
As you can see there is no line "GstRender.ShadowQuality" to delete anyway.
So my problem was similar to everyone else. SWBF2 loaded in my case to a "near full screen" window. After the introductory screen finished and faded the screen went black although I could hear the background music and sounds as per normal. Eventually the app crashes back to the Origin screen.
After trying numerous recommended solutions unsuccessfully, I loaded SWBF2 to another PC. 4 hrs of download I eventually run SWBF2 up and hey presto it worked. The resolution of this 2nd PC was set at 1920x1440. Next step shut down the app and restart on the 1st PC.
It starts up ok and I have tested running arcade. But its set to the resolution of the 2nd PC (1920x1440) not the resolution of the 1st PC (2560x1600) ...so its in a window not full screen. If I now go to the settings and adjust to 2560x1600 it crashes. Reload again and I have changed the resolution to 2560x1440 ….it still runs no crash.
Long and short ...I have a fix that works for me (but not full screen). I really hope I have made my actions clear and understandable.
Same old story again: new update, old problems. Game won't start. Stuck on loading screen. Are these people completely incapable to do their job? Tried to repair it and delete the mentioned line and it doesn't work.
1) make a copy/backup of the BootOptions file (in case things go wrong and you can restore it later)
2) Delete the BootOptions file
3) Reboot and reload SWBF2
It might work for you as it did for some others.
Like you I had no line "GstRender.ShadowQuality". There appear to be many, many variants on the PC front.