Re: Battlefront 2 crashing after update

by EA_Atic

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Tried all of the above options (actually found the settings file in my documents folder under the swbfII folder). tried removing the gst.render~ line first... no change. So then deleted the entire folder... still no change.

What happens with me is every time the game needs to update, it starts downloading then stops several times saying some game file is in use. So I tell it to continue and after finally completing  then it tells me some file is corrupt and to repair the installation.

Only problem is that repair is NOT an option Im given when right clicking on the game.

So my only option is to completely uninstall/reinstall the game (tried contacting EA through their "live chat" option which should be renamed "we got your money so you are on your own...") option because after waiting 2 hours (when  the web page claimed it would be 15 min) I STILL got NO response.

Message 31 of 35 (1,533 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep, tried everything and still not working. Bummer as I am so excited to try the new stuff!

Message 32 of 35 (1,509 Views)

★★★ Novice
@bustsnut that only worked one time for me, now it isnt anymore.
Message 33 of 35 (1,501 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with SWBF2  please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

Current issue with Black screen with start up is tracked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Game-updated-stuck-on-black-screen/m-p/8555133#M28906

/Atic
Message 34 of 35 (1,427 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with SWBF2 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

Current issue with Black screen with start up is tracked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Game-updated-stuck-on-black-screen/m-p/8555133#M28906

/Atic
Message 35 of 35 (1,426 Views)