by valsi461

Original Post

Re: Battlefront 2 crashing after update

★★★ Apprentice
This solution worked for me.
Message 21 of 35 (3,167 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
The solution for me was delete the Battlefront II folder from documents.
Message 22 of 35 (3,167 Views)

★ Novice

@Arma-x7750 wrote:

Hi,

This is the solution propoused by EA:

Please open the "ProfileOptions_profile" file with the notebook. You can find the file in "C: \ Users \ Username \ Documents \ STAR WARS Battlefront II \ settings".

Find the line "GstRender.ShadowQuality", delete the line and save the file, then restart the game.

It seem that works!!

Regards!

Helped me fix mine too, thanks a lot!!

Message 23 of 35 (3,138 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It says i don't have anything in the file, could it be because i have origin and battlefront on two different drives?
Message 24 of 35 (3,132 Views)

★★★ Newbie
does not work
Message 25 of 35 (3,097 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you will need to edit the ProfileOption_profile document in Notepad app built into windows. From there look for the line "GstRender.ShadowQuality" there should be a number after it as well. I went ahead and deleted the line along with the number and it worked. Hope this helps. (if those files arent there i would try to repair the game file in Origin. Some people have reported having to re-install the game completely which is not a great solution in the age of provider data caps) Best of luck.

Message 26 of 35 (3,091 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This does not work for me, Whenever I load my game up it loads and as it finishes loading it crashes.

The solutions provided don't work as my files are situated in Data(DStandard smile, I know that it being there is not the problem as other of my friends have it there and their games run fine. There is no settings and there is no .shadow thing so I don't know what to do

Message 27 of 35 (3,000 Views)

Champion
@Beariexe - check your documents folder for Star Wars BF II folder - all the setting files are in there. If not, have you changed the directory in Origin?
"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

★★★ Newbie

Doesn't work for me either and i tried deleting the entire folder in documents

Message 29 of 35 (2,938 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Message 30 of 35 (2,460 Views)