Re: Battlefront 2 crashes in loading screen efter update

by Nestalious

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
I’m uninstalling both battlefronts, and origin then cleaning all my cache and reinstalling.

I doubt this will make any difference but I have to keep trying. I’m so fed up and angry at EA and Dice. They just give you radio silence. A good company would have a hot fix out by now

Lovely way to spend my day off....
Message 11 of 21 (4,385 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was having the exact same issue and i have very similar specs as you. Couldnt find a solution online. I finally went to Nvidia gforce experience and turned the recommended video settings all the way down. Started the game and had no issues. Long story short... My issue was having HFTS shadows turned on. I put shadows to Ultra instead and the game has worked like a charm ever since.  Also able to put all other video settings on Ultra. I hope this helps you. I spent days looking for a fix.

Message 12 of 21 (20,083 Views)

★★★★ Novice

TY so much. It worked for me now :D. 

Message 13 of 21 (4,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ok UPDATE

I have reinstalled Origin and battlefront 2 but this time I did it on a different hard drive. Installed it on my SSD (main drive) it actually works now 😒 but it does seem a little laggy/choppy which i don’t know why? I’m going to keep testing it...but it works.

I used CCcleaner to basically clean the registery and everything else I could do with it. Also deleted loads of old Nivida stuff as I no longer have that card. I run an AMD

No idea what fixed it...

I was getting an error on my desktop I think it was a visual C error but I just rebooted and it  hasn’t happened this time strange.

I will say this it seems buggy and Anakin seems stupidly overpowered. Not sure I like this update.

Message 14 of 21 (4,372 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Absolutely amazing to hear. Game on my dude. 

Message 15 of 21 (4,359 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same issue, tried your solution and it works. Thanks.

Message 16 of 21 (4,346 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I wouldn't say Anakin is too overpowered and I don't think he is the best heroe neither. And it shouldn't be buggy. Is your C drive almost out of memory? Btw I think that when you deleted Nvidia files the Nvidia thing I had problem with got deleted.
Message 17 of 21 (4,341 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes he doesn’t seem too bad now. Quite fun playing him.

well I have about 7 gb left. I have played a few times and i think it’s ok now 

the error is from my new Xbox one controller so I will investigate that 

Message 18 of 21 (4,337 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Actually It is very laggy and choppy when I first play but it seems to get better after a little while.
Message 19 of 21 (4,329 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This worked for me too.  Thanks so much for the help!

Message 20 of 21 (4,319 Views)