Battlefront 2 crashes in loading screen efter update

by trefrag

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront 2 crashes in loading screen efter update

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have been playing battlefront since launch and had no problems until about 4 days ago. I updated my battlefront (chosen one update). When it's finished I launch the game, Wich in loading screen freeze. After 5 minutes I restart my PC. I try to launch battlefront again, I go into loading screen and it freezes and then crashes. Afterwards it says in origin a new patch is available and that I should refresh to get it. I have tried very many times now and it says the same every time.

I have tried reinstalling it twice. Also done a lot of things i read in the forum. I Also have the latest drivers.

My PC has a i7 7700 k overclocked to 4,8 GHz, a GTX 1080 on OC mode and 16 GB ram.

Anyone that could help me or have the same issue?

Message 1 of 21 (15,894 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefront 2 crashes in loading screen efter update

★★★★ Novice

I was having the exact same issue and i have very similar specs as you. Couldnt find a solution online. I finally went to Nvidia gforce experience and turned the recommended video settings all the way down. Started the game and had no issues. Long story short... My issue was having HFTS shadows turned on. I put shadows to Ultra instead and the game has worked like a charm ever since.  Also able to put all other video settings on Ultra. I hope this helps you. I spent days looking for a fix.

View in thread

Message 12 of 21 (20,076 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
I have this problem too. sfc/scannow found nothing... My crash dump error code is 0xC0000005.
Message 2 of 21 (15,829 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Go to users (C drive) and then username and then documents. There you should find a battlefront file that you can delete. Didn't work for me since I didn't even have the file in the beginning.

Message 3 of 21 (15,827 Views)

★ Novice
I have the same problem. I have contacted EA support and nothing they said worked (delete some folders and files, the command promt stuff, tried repair, reinstall...nothing worked). Maybe the next update will fix this...maybe
Message 4 of 21 (15,798 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Me too. I’m fed up of the stupid work-arounds that don’t work

This game has helped distract me a lotrecently which I really need at the moment 

I haven’t played it in 5 days because of this stupid buggy update 

I would give up Anakin if the game worked at this point....

Message 5 of 21 (15,788 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same here, many people cant even play the game after the update and they do nothing about it. It's very frustrating

Message 6 of 21 (15,784 Views)

★ Apprentice
same problem for about 6 months now , done everything i can still
Message 7 of 21 (15,767 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA is just starting to * me off overall i am hvaing this issue no resolution almost like theyd just dont care and they have damged the star wars name by its horrible start becuae of greedy they were with MT i hope The Fallen Order that comes out in the fall is better than this * such a good game but made by a terrible company

Message 8 of 21 (15,764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I found a solution!!!!!! If you have the same problem as me you will have to disable origin in game and it should work!! EDIT! It works once and then it's back to crashing, after a few tries you come back in to the game but everything is much blacker so you cant see a lot..... 

Message 9 of 21 (15,732 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem for about 2 months since I bought the game

Message 10 of 21 (15,715 Views)