Battlefront 2 crashes and/or BSODs

by TheCroack

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront 2 crashes and/or BSODs

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey there guys,

I'm writting you because I'm a bit desperate, after doing so much research and taking action towards the issue I still couldn't find an end to it.

So long story short, I have even reinstalled my Windows 10 Pro, changed the thermal paste of my CPU with a quality one and left the drivers as they were (allowed Windows to update the required driver components by default), just updated the AMD driver to version 18.5.1 as it was the minimum driver requirement in order to play Battlefront 2. I must mention that before reinstalling the Windows, I had all the drivers up to date as well. (audio, bios, network, video etc). While the PC is on idle, browsing or playing older games, I have no issues at all with BSODs or whatsoever.

I've even tried installing one game on the SSD, and another on HDD (thinking maybe the SSD was the problem, but it wasn't).

Issue:

I'm getting random game crashes (to desktop, without any errors), and BSODs (which are the most frequent) with random error codes. I'm getting them after let's say, 5-10-15 minutes of playing. They're completely random. Also having the same issue with Battlefield V. Basically my two favorite games which I cannot play.

My PC runs the game super smooth on ULTRA settings (1080p), tried LOW settings as well and the result was the same (with DX12 ON and OFF).

My PC specs are:

CPU: Intel I7 2600k 3.4ghz
RAM memory: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3 1600MHz 
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 DELUXE
Graphics card: Radeon Saphire RX 580 4GB DDR5 256-bit
2x SSD's 250gb in RAID 0
2x HDD's 1TB in RAID 1
Power supply: Gigabyte G750H, 750W

As for the monitors:

2x LED Samsung 23.5", Wide, FHD, HDMI, Flicker-Free, LS24F350FH

I'm really getting out of options here.. but hope dies last, therefore I really think there's some solution to this and you guys could perhaps help me out with some tips and such. I'll be forever in your debt.

Thank you very much!

Message 1 of 10 (2,747 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefront 2 crashes and/or BSODs

Community Manager

@TheCroack 

The screen shot is not necessary. I need to let you know that bluescreen issues are a little outside of the scope of support we provide here as they generally indicate an issue outside of our games.

Some more general troubleshooting steps:

barry.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (2,680 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@TheCroack 

It may be worthwhile running a hardware monitoring app to see if you are encountering an overheating issue.

Are you also running your hardware at stock clock speeds?

barry.png
Message 2 of 10 (2,692 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Barry wrote:

@TheCroack 

It may be worthwhile running a hardware monitoring app to see if you are encountering an overheating issue.

Are you also running your hardware at stock clock speeds?

Thanks for the reply @EA_Barry !

Nothing is over clocked, everything runs at hardware stock clock speeds, I don’t even know how to OC so I’d rather not go into it.

I’ve experienced over heating of my CPU hence the thermal paste change, the GPU goes at around 60C Celsius and the CPU at around 70ish in full load (ultra settings on BF V for instance). 

Would it help if I send a screenshot via some monitoring software?

Message 3 of 10 (2,687 Views)

Community Manager

@TheCroack 

The screen shot is not necessary. I need to let you know that bluescreen issues are a little outside of the scope of support we provide here as they generally indicate an issue outside of our games.

Some more general troubleshooting steps:

barry.png
Message 4 of 10 (2,681 Views)

★★ Novice

Very wel then @EA_Barry !

i’ll follow those steps and see if i still encounter the bsods.

would the reason also be because the cpu / motherboard or RAM are a bit old? Like they cannot run the game properly? But that would make no sense since I can run it smoothly on ultra settings.

Message 5 of 10 (2,675 Views)

Community Manager

@TheCroack 

Your hardware is fine in terms of minimum requirements. Maybe also check your RAM timings and/or your XMP profile and that it is physically seated correctly.

barry.png
Message 6 of 10 (2,665 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you @EA_Barry !

Last question, if you will. How do I check the RAM timings and/or the XMP profile? You mean if the RAM are placed correctly on the motherboard?
Message 7 of 10 (2,660 Views)

Community Manager

@TheCroack 

Yes, I mean you should check that your RAM modules are seated fully into their slots on the motherboard.

As for specifics on the XMP profile, you need to research info on your specific RAM modules and XMP profiles that are set in your BIOS.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 8 of 10 (2,654 Views)

Battlefront 2 Blue screen on startup

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I just picked up the game and I'm having a pretty major issue. Every time I launch the game it bluescreens without fail. I've tried repairing the file and that still results in my computer bluescreening. Are there any fixes for this?

Thanks,

Jen

~~Specs~~

i5-7300

GTX 1050

8GB RAM

Message 9 of 10 (2,002 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I have been trying to solve the issue for 2 days.

It crashed every 20-30 minutes.

And finally, I managed to play uninterrupted for 3 hours...

The 2 main things that I did:

- Disabled Discord Overlay

- Increased the pagefile size for Windows. I am suspecting the BSOD is caused due to the game being a memory hog, but I can't be certain. There was an error in Event Log related to the pagefile, and it required the fixing of the drive, so I moved the pagefile and increased it. That may be an issue only for me, but it is worth investigating.

If you need help in doing these two steps, let me know, or ask our friend, Google Standard smile

Message 10 of 10 (1,385 Views)