Battlefront 2 big issues after ewok update

by shade1968

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront 2 big issues after ewok update

★ Guide

After the update on the 18th of April, I started having issues with my battlefront 2 game crashing to desktop with no error code after about 20 to 30 minutes. I checked, rechecked and checked again my internet connection, contacted my ISP and still had the same issue. I also noticed that I could not upgrade any of the Hero cards (I get error code 1,608). So I decided to reinstall the game and I did. 

Now the game has not had any crashes to desktop out of the last 2 hours of play, but I still have the lack of upgrades for hero cards and now I cannot advance any of my soldier levels at all. It will let them reach the next level during game play, but as soon as I log out of the game and get back in, everything is the level it was from before. I have been an assault fighter on level 34 for 4 times in a row, then it goes back to 33 level and starts over. 

So I tried to update from the local save and it is still doing it. I don't know what to do other than uninstall the game again, delete the left over files and then reinstall again. Any help on this?

THank you. 

Message 1 of 7 (475 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefront 2 big issues after ewok update

Community Manager

Hey all, sorry to see that you are having issues with the game. If you have not already, can you try clearing the Origin cache, repairing the game and clean booting your PC?

Clear cache: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Let me know how you get on.

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (410 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue.

Message 2 of 7 (441 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have asked some players recently and this bug is quite frequent
Message 3 of 7 (436 Views)

★ Guide

great. waste of money then. 

Message 4 of 7 (427 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Have yoi tried restarting origin or cancelling the update and tryingit again
Message 5 of 7 (421 Views)

★ Guide

I have restarted origin several times. How do you separate update and reinstall it? There is no specific link that I can see. I hit the download button for the game and I believe it just includes it when installing.

Message 6 of 7 (409 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, sorry to see that you are having issues with the game. If you have not already, can you try clearing the Origin cache, repairing the game and clean booting your PC?

Clear cache: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Let me know how you get on.

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (411 Views)