Re: Battlefront 2 and Anthem both locking up computer

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront 2 and Anthem both locking up computer

★★★★ Novice

Both Battlefront 2 and anthem are freezing soo bad that i have to do a hard reboot in order to restart, nothing else works.  I have a Alienware 15 R3, I7 7th gen, 32gb RAM, Nvidia GTX1060.

Only have this issue with these Origin games, all steam games work fine, all blizzard games work fine even Shadow of the tomb Raider works fine.

Steps I have taken.  I first added a cooler under the laptop, then I went from 16 of ram to 32, then I made sure I had the latest Nvidia drivers, then swapped graphics settings to low.  Still locks up, sometimes 5 minutes in to the game sometimes 20 to 25 minutes.  Once it locks, I can hear sounds like the game is still going however the screen is locked.  It is only on Origin games and only this laptop, I have another laptop that works fine, even when I play it on the same internet.

Message 1 of 2 (308 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @sartori1d 

Sorry to hear about your issues with our games Frown

Since this problem occurs only on your laptop, could you send us a full DxDiag report from it? It will give us a bit more information about your hardware besides just names of the components.

Thanks!

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (284 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @sartori1d 

Sorry to hear about your issues with our games Frown

Since this problem occurs only on your laptop, could you send us a full DxDiag report from it? It will give us a bit more information about your hardware besides just names of the components.

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 2 (285 Views)