Re: Battlefront 2 Severe Input Lag and Poor Game Performance

by ThePikaPyro

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry
Sorry, I only have a single m.2 drive.

A clean boot with all but microsoft services disabled but leaving startup progams in place eliminated my stuttering.

I started my own thread so as not to dilute PikaPyro's.
Message 11 of 15 (1,883 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, I've tried on several drives I have to install as I read that in another forum post but to no avail Frown 

Message 12 of 15 (1,832 Views)

★ Apprentice

You don't by chance have a nahemic service running do you?  (audio enhancer I believe)

If so try disabling that service, I finally found that it was that thing causing my severe stutter after the update, or maybe it was after the alienware command center tried to update and did't work right, but either way that helped me.  (sounds like crap now)

Message 13 of 15 (1,794 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have found the issue:

At first I could not figure out what my issues were and it turns out it was a slew of issues linking back to a second hand M.2 drive I bought off ebay. 

Micron Model: MTFDDAC256TBN   256GB M.2 Drive

So Here is how I got to the solution of it all. So while playing the game I noticed the horrible stutters i have never had before. Then I checked all my settings, GSync(Free sync monitor), Input lag setting on my pc, my over clocks of my CPU and GPU, I tried vanilla everything, but to no avail. So then I tried closing all programs besides star wars and then I got a huge performance increase! I was stoked I though I had found the root of the problem but then I remembered I never had that issue before. So I did more deep diving and tried User Benchmark to determine if my PC was up to its standard or not, and usre enough My gpu was held back and my M.2 drive wasn't even "able to test" so I thought back before I had it and never had issues. 30 minutes later I reinstall windows on another SSD Kingston drive I had and took out the m.2 drive and viola! it worked! 

So after extensive testing I have determined the issues being related to this drive. I hoped I helped anyone out! 

Message 14 of 15 (9,671 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I experience the same problem(I think..) lagging and poor performance every now and then. Any idea on what to do?

Message 15 of 15 (1,387 Views)