Re: Battlefront 2 Severe Input Lag and Poor Game Performance

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront 2 Severe Input Lag and Poor Game Performance

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello Everyone, 

Since the update for Droidekas (which I want to play so bad) I haven't been able to play the game like I used to. I have tried many here and there fixes along with EA support to no avail. In this thread I will show what specs I have, the issues i am having, and the steps I have taken to troubleshoot it. I also Include a clip to show may serious input lag and poor performance.

Specs:

-AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @3.6Ghz

-Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 2133MHZ 16GB

-Asus Strix 1080ti GPU @ 1569Mhz and Mem @ 5953Mhz Stable in other games

-Gigabyte Gaming AB350 Motherboard Latest Bios (updated 6/2/19)

-Samsung EVO SSD 240GB

-WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM

-El Gato HD60 Pro

Issues:

As mentioned above the latest patch brought many issues to light with my rig and the severe input lag and poor performance is unacceptable for my machine that is VERY capable of running this game. (even at 4k) Althought Im not sure what to do. Here isa video highlighting my issues. https://youtu.be/obwM38IjkR4 

Troubleshooting Steps:

-verified All drivers and updates on GPU, CPU, Motherboard, Origin, and BF2

-made sure DirectX12 was disabled on launch as I can easily get in the game.

-cleared Origin Cache files 

-tried EA support's method of disabling starup tools and other processes using MSCONFIG

-uninstalling and reinstalling the game

-repairing using Origin's Repair Game tool

-turning off my overclocks on everything

Nothing has seemed to work thus far and I am trying my best to investigate on this but I cannot figure out what may be happening?  Any help or suggestions would be amazing! :D 

Thank you in advance anyone! 

Message 1 of 15 (8,571 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

I have found the issue:

At first I could not figure out what my issues were and it turns out it was a slew of issues linking back to a second hand M.2 drive I bought off ebay. 

Micron Model: MTFDDAC256TBN   256GB M.2 Drive

So Here is how I got to the solution of it all. So while playing the game I noticed the horrible stutters i have never had before. Then I checked all my settings, GSync(Free sync monitor), Input lag setting on my pc, my over clocks of my CPU and GPU, I tried vanilla everything, but to no avail. So then I tried closing all programs besides star wars and then I got a huge performance increase! I was stoked I though I had found the root of the problem but then I remembered I never had that issue before. So I did more deep diving and tried User Benchmark to determine if my PC was up to its standard or not, and usre enough My gpu was held back and my M.2 drive wasn't even "able to test" so I thought back before I had it and never had issues. 30 minutes later I reinstall windows on another SSD Kingston drive I had and took out the m.2 drive and viola! it worked! 

So after extensive testing I have determined the issues being related to this drive. I hoped I helped anyone out! 

View in thread

Message 14 of 15 (9,672 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi, @ThePikaPyro 

Would you mind uploading a DxDiag for us so we can look at your full system specs? The video is showing up as a 404 error now.

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Have you tried:

• Optimizing the game with the GeForce Experience
  • Right-clicking on the desktop>Nvidia Control Panel>Visit SWBFII and edit the settings for better performance
  • Visit the game folder>Right click on the .exe application>select properties>compatibility tab>disable full screen optimisations
  • Disable cloud saves in your Origin client's Application Settings
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 15 (8,462 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay here we go :D 

Message 3 of 15 (8,436 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also here is the public video sorry! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obwM38IjkR4

Message 4 of 15 (8,433 Views)

Community Manager

@ThePikaPyro 

Thank you! That looks extremely difficult to watch from my end, can't imagine playing like that. 

Did those steps above help out at all? It looks like you could upgrade to the latest build of Windows 10 too. Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates. Let's see if that works.

You said you tried launching up the game with other processes disabled. Did you try it with a clean boot?

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 15 (8,414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hey man, don't mean to interrupt your thread, but I have the same issue since the July update, just not quite as bad.  screen stuttering.  AW M15 8750h RTX2060

prior to the update it was buttery, now not so much.  Did everything you did also, to no avail.

Message 6 of 15 (8,407 Views)

Community Manager

@Mrod-paw @ThePikaPyro 

Try disabling fullscreen optimisations by going to the game's folder on your PC>Right-click on the .exe file (starwarsbattlefrontii)>Properties>Compatibility>Disable fullscreen optimisations

Another user in our Apex Legends boards was having a similar situation and it turned out to be MSI Afterburner, so once that was disabled/uninstalled that fixed it. 

It might be a program running in the background that's conflicting with Origin. Try a clean boot and then immediately launch Origin as administrator by right-clicking on the desktop shortcut. That's a great way to pinpoint whether it's related to an external process.

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 15 (8,393 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sadly neither of these options fixed it :/ im going to try and uninstall after burner

Message 8 of 15 (8,368 Views)

★★★ Novice

I uninstalled MSI after burner and restarted with all other options as well and it still doesnt work Frown

Message 9 of 15 (8,365 Views)

Community Manager

@ThePikaPyro @Mrod-paw 

Do you still get the same stuttering after moving the game and Origin to a different drive?

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 15 (8,306 Views)