Re: Battlefront 2 Server Lag (Good internet Connection?)

by Karmafive

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront 2 Server Lag (Good internet Connection?)

★★★★ Apprentice

I really don't expect any EA official or anyone else to help me here, but here goes nothing.

Let me first say that I can run battlefront 2 very well on ultra, I have barely any noticeable fps lag, and the game ran perfectly fine on my PC on the first day, but for some reason I am recently getting this type of internet lag that is completely unexplained for me and has made the game unplayable. I get like 45 mb/s normally and every other multiplayer game I play is perfectly fine. I've repaired the game, i've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've changed server locations(I'm currently on ohio), i've tried turning the graphics down to minimum, I've checked all background programs and all I have is just discord and origin, but it always still persists no matter what I do... I'm beginning to think that refunding the game is the only option left.

This is what happens:
I start up battlefront, no problems.

I get to the title screen, no problems.

I click multiplayer and go into either blast or galactic assault, no problems

I get into the game, no problems

5 mins pass, I get these small wierd motion stops, it's not low fps, The fps is fine and I can look around and stuff, its just like TIME STOPPED, I wait like 2 seconds and it passes and everyone teleports around for a moment and the game continues.

10 mins pass, it gets progressively worse, the time stops are more frequent and longer, until i just quit the game altogether because I can't play it like that.

I've asked people in the ingame chat if they've had the same problem, and they say they are all fine.

Please for the love of god, make my 60$ not a waste.

Message 1 of 176 (135,323 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Apprentice

Fixed the problem no thanks to the people here, apparently if you turn on "Share usage data" in the EA account settings, it will give you MASSIVE network lag, so turn it off.

View in thread

Message 5 of 176 (170,251 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

I think you played on a Australien Server Standard smile

I have the same probs time to time.

Its normal Server Lag i think.

Message 2 of 176 (135,007 Views)

★★★ Novice
It's literally every server. Every game I join all the comments are ppl complaining g about the awful lag. Save your time and uninstall this piece of junk game.
Message 3 of 176 (134,922 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Check windows defender and see if your firewalls are on or off. One of the recent windows updates turned them back on that could cause packet loss.

Message 4 of 176 (134,735 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Fixed the problem no thanks to the people here, apparently if you turn on "Share usage data" in the EA account settings, it will give you MASSIVE network lag, so turn it off.

Message 5 of 176 (170,252 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

same I'm rubberbanding everywhere. I even got a new internet package thinking it was my fault so ts not me.

Message 6 of 176 (134,632 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thanks! I play on Xbox one X , im having the same damn issue. sometimes its fine but as of late no matter which gameode I play its bad! To bad because im really enjoying this game regardless of reviews out there.
Message 7 of 176 (134,600 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
same, though my lag is mostly in Galactic assault.
Message 8 of 176 (134,495 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Share usage data doesn't work for me. I turn it off, but still get freezes
Message 9 of 176 (134,485 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've had the same problem since pre-launch!

As I've stated before, I think the server ping sites are way off, wouldn't be surprised it its connecting me to some random server in South or North America

Message 10 of 176 (134,475 Views)