Battlefront 2 PC crashes to desktop

by r0cksinger

Original Post

Game crashes to desktop in End of Match screen

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Game crashes to desktop in the End of Match screen without error message. I'm playing the game since the 22nd of August 2019, and this happened from the start, stopped happening after the Roger Roger Update, and now started happening again after the Cooperation Update. It also happens in every mode.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? xLifad
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 09.30.2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 15:00 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Game closes immediately to desktop, no black screen in between, no error message.
What do you expect to see? No crash
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce RTX 2060

I'm running the game on ultra settings with DX12 disabled. It also doesn't matter what I do in the End of match screen. I can click through the scorebaord and personal tab or not do anything at all, the crash happens regardless. Pls fix this bug asap, the game is unplayable like this.

Message 11 of 40 (5,270 Views)

Re: Battlefront 2 PC crashes to desktop

★★ Novice
@EA_Ataashi I've tried that fix. It didn't work.
Message 12 of 40 (5,153 Views)

[PC] Game crashes on launch -every- time

★★★ Novice

Since the new co-op update I've been unable to successfully launch SWBF2 even once. It just crashes silently back to origin like nothing happened.

I thought it was our internet, but nope every other game functions fine.

I thought it was graphics card update, but no it still crashes all the same.

Repairing through origin does not do anything either.

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Game crashes at start-up
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? coppersly7
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 09/25/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) As soon as the update was finished.
In what game mode did the bug occur? Launching the game at all
What is your time zone? EST
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes.
What do you expect to see? A patch update to fix the issue.
Please select your region United States
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Device ID: NVIDA GeFORCE GTX 1080

Message 13 of 40 (5,216 Views)

Re: [PC] Game crashes on launch -every- time

★★★ Newbie

I have same problem Frown And also I have some small graphical glitches in main menu and character selection screen(weird line shadows on characters and light flickering). I never had problems with the game. This is why I'm here, on the forum for the 1st time.

Message 14 of 40 (5,198 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Plus sometimes I don't see timer for next objective in co-op. In Atachment you can see example of graphical glitches that I talking about. It's not game breaking but it's annoying.

Message 15 of 40 (5,190 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, i'm kinda new here, so bare with me.

I found a tip on youtube from neoDefective regarding the crashing to desktop of Battlefront 2.

I've got A overclocked 1660TI and have been able to play Battlefront 2 without any problems

until i formatted my hardrive and reinstalled everything with new drivers and so on.

Every time i started the singleplayer part of battlefront 2 i was able to play Max 2 minutes

sometimes as low as 2 seconds before the game crashed to desktop.

i saw found out that the game ran at about 140 Fps and the memory of the graphicscard was Maxed out .

neoDefective from youtube had found out that via Rivatuner you could set the frame limit max Fps to what ever you would like.

I adjusted it to 60Fps and then the game ran without any problems. after that i've cranked it up a little a time

Here is the link to youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSb6MHth5BA

My question is just, why has this become a problem, it haven't always been like this. i've played the game before without limiting the frames.

Message 16 of 40 (5,132 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Igoreshkin wrote:

I have same problem Frown And also I have some small graphical glitches in main menu and character selection screen(weird line shadows on characters and light flickering). I never had problems with the game. This is why I'm here, on the forum for the 1st time.

I'm sorry but I don't think we have the same problem as I can't get the game to even LAUNCH so I don't know if I would have similar UI problems or not.

Message 17 of 40 (5,155 Views)

Re: Battlefront 2 keeps crashing after a round on PC

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Happening to me too, any game mode. I'm on i7 3770k clocked at 4.4Ghz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 970 (driver is recommend driver for this game from November 2017 388.31). It will either crash after the match ends, or when I quit the match following the display of match analysis. Very rarely it will crash during a game. I am on the latest version of Windows 10 with all latest updates applied.

The game has worked flawlessly before the latest few patches.

Message 18 of 40 (5,096 Views)

★ Guide

When will the next update? I hope, EA will fix this #&@% issues.

Message 19 of 40 (4,812 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Crashes to the desktop after match in multiplayer or arcade mode.

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Game crashes to the desktop without errors. Creates Crashdump files. Multiplayer matches and Arcade modes.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Arcade Mode
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After playing the entire multiplayer or arcade mode match after the final table the game can crashes or games go to the main game menu by pressing "end" after the whole match.
What happens when the bug occurs? Crashes to the desktop.
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Intel I7 8700 Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Turbo OC 8GB GDDR5X 32 Gb Ram DDR 4 (all stock settings) Windows 10 Home Edition version 1909 newest Nvidia drivers 441.34.

I want to point out that crashes apply to almost all game modes, not just HvsV. This occurs when a summary table appears or an attempt to exit after the match ends in the main game menu.

Message 20 of 40 (4,755 Views)