Re: Battlefront 2 PC campaign lagging

by Sven-RIT

Original Post

Battlefront 2 PC campaign lagging

★★★ Newbie
I have a Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860M and can run Battlefront 2 fairly well online, but the campaign is unplayable. It lags most of the time I play. Does anybody else have lagging issues with the campaign? Any solutions?
Message 1 of 6 (2,336 Views)

Hero

been reported...

You might want to add your details to an existing report with high points, so it gets more attention from EA/DICE.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 6 (2,314 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If it's just the cutscenes, I had the issue too, nearly unwatchable first cutscene due to lagging/stuttering. I used the console command "RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 3," and it's 97% better. Still get hiccups now & then, but almost never gets out of sync, no more than 0.5 second pauses.

Message 3 of 6 (2,302 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's hard to believe that this isn't an easy fix for them either. The game works fine when you aren't in a cutscene and the multiplayer is awesome.

Message 4 of 6 (2,257 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah I know...Either you render it in-engine and it's fine, or you play a pre-rendered mkv and it's fine. How do you screw up playing cutscenes? This has only been a solved problem for like 20 years.

Message 5 of 6 (2,247 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey just for science try al-tabbing and see if you get a few moments of solid FPS, I have to alt-tab my game several times to keep a good FPS.

Message 6 of 6 (2,239 Views)