Re: Battlefront 2 Freezing Character but can Move Camera

by Birsinator

Original Post

Battlefront 2 Freezing Character but can Move Camera

★★ Novice

While playing, out of nowhere, my character would just freeze (I can still move my camera), and sometimes I'd just have constant stuttering, making the game unplayable. I've tried many things. 

- Turning down graphics

- Turned off Share Usage Data

- Turned off most background programs

The only thing I haven't done is reinstall Battlefront 2, and I think I'm gonna do that tonight. 

Internet stats:

Ping: 8 

Download speed: 155.82 Mbps

Upload speed: 23.93 Mbps

Message 1 of 7 (1,833 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @TightVEVO,

Could you pop up a dxdiag please so we can take a look? This Ea Help article runs through how to gather one: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 7 (1,777 Views)

★★ Novice

There you go

Message 3 of 7 (1,760 Views)

★★ Novice
@TightVEVO haha yeah still waiting for a response
Message 4 of 7 (1,671 Views)

★★ Novice

really? thats crazy! 

Message 5 of 7 (1,632 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @TightVEVO,

Sorry about that. Missed the reply notifications for this thread.

I've checked out the DxDiag to see what you're working with. Just to confirm, would this be the device you're playing Battlefront II from 'Alienware Alpha Console'? From the dxdiag, the device doesn't seem to be up to the minimum system requirements for the game. Check out the spoiler tag for those specifics: 

Spoiler
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

64-bit Windows 7 SP1/Windows 8.1/Windows 10
Processor (AMD): AMD FX 6350
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i5 6600K
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 660 2GB
DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 60GB

RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS

Processor (AMD): AMD FX 8350 Wraith
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i7 6700 or equivalent
Memory: 16GB RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ RX 480 4GB
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 60GB

There's not much we can do to help improve this outside of suggesting a clean boot to reduce programs running in the background and to let your CPU and GPU allocate more power to the game. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 7 (1,622 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I had the same issue, the game loaded up without any issue (if I turn on FPS display in Nvidia Experience it shows decent FPS more than 60), than I started a game, at the moment I just tried Arcade scenarios so offline fully. It started without issue frame rate was more than 60, than freeze the move but I could freely move the camera around my character, the FPS still was more than 60 and it varied depended on what was on the screen while moved the camera, so it seemed to me it should be some SW related issue. The strange thing was this occurred with low resolution and "LOW" settings and the same performance was on 720p+ (my display is an old 1280*1024 4:3 one, retro rulez Standard smile ) with ULTRA settings (DX11).
It was with an Intel Pentium G3460 CPU on 3,5 Ghz + GTX950 (2GB GDDR5) + 16 GB DDR3 1600 + 240GB SSD.

I've tested other demanding games and they ran flawless, so it seems this is indeed an issue with the game itself.
I've tried all what I found on the net, but nothing helped (run as administrator, also Epic and Origins run as administrator, tried CPU process tweak to delegate full resource to the game process, even tried to reinstall fully to system drive with SSD, but nothing helped).

Solution:
I was lucky that I were able to upgrade my CPU with a quite good deal to an i7-4770 equivalent Xeon CPU (e3-1240v3), which is still under the minimum requirements, but who cares if it is working smoothly?
With the new CPU the problem have gone, and now I can play SW BF2 with 60 FPS on 1280*1024 with ULTRA settings in DX11 render mode. Which means most probably the lack of cache memory or the lack of the quad core or the hyper-threading can cause such freezing issues.
By the way I believe DICE/EA should found some SW solution for this issue as well, because other newer games are working fine on the older spec config.

Message 7 of 7 (973 Views)