Battlefront 2 Drive errors and hideous performance

by Riophilip1700

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront 2 Drive errors and hideous performance

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Upon starting the game, I am greeted with an error stating that my Drive is not updated enough. Continuing into the game, the lag is horrific, and the only way to fix it is by turning down the graphics so much I can't make out what is going on in the game or on the screen. I have tried multiple videos, doing what the error tells me to do about going to Intel and updating the drive (which it tells me I cannot do through another error message) and screwing around with the options. This was so bad I got a refund. I supposedly posses one of the greatest gaming PCs in the world, an Alienware Aurora 08, so I have no idea why this isn't working.

Message 1 of 16 (673 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefront 2 Drive errors and hideous performance

Community Manager

@Riophilip1700 

Sorry, slight miscommunication there. Your issue is with your video drivers, not your hard drive.

Assuming you have an NVIDIA video card, it is possible your machine may be defaulting to the video processing on your CPU rather than your nvidia GPU.

1. Open the nvidia Control Panel
  2. Click Manage 3D settings
  3. Click the Program Settings tab
  4. Click the Add button
  5. Select the game from the list or click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront II\starwarsbattlefrontii.exe
  6. Select starwarsbattlefrontii.exe and then Open
  7. Customise individual settings if you like
  8. Exit nvidia control panel and try playing.

Let us know if you have an AMD video card and if the above steps do not help, please post your Dxiag report here, thanks.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

barry.png

View in thread

Message 11 of 16 (895 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Riophilip1700 

Errors and performance issues could indicate that the drive in question is close to failing completely.

First thing to do is make sure you have any valuable content on that drive backed up so if the drive fails, your files are not lost.

Then running a disk check is strongly advised: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/chkdsk

barry.png
Message 2 of 16 (656 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_BarryI sincerely doubt that the drive is near failing. It has nearly a terabyte left and manages to hold and use all my other games flawlessly. Also, I currently do not have the game downloaded as I only have a 24 hour refund window and will not risk permanently spending 30 dollars on a game that I may not be able to use.

Message 3 of 16 (646 Views)

Community Manager

@Riophilip1700 

I do not mean nearly full, I mean near the end of its usable life, it may stop functioning soon.

barry.png
Message 4 of 16 (640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barryto which I must say that I have only had said computer (and therefore drive) for a few months. I do not believe that there is a life issue. However, I would like to bring your attention to the error that appears. Anything you can tell me about that?

Message 5 of 16 (639 Views)

Community Manager

@Riophilip1700 

Unfortunately, hard drives can fail at almost any time.

Please do post the exact error you are seeing as that will help us troubleshoot, thanks.

barry.png
Message 6 of 16 (628 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I would also like to ask about the possibility of a smooth game, without turning down the resolution so much I cannot see what is on the screen.

Message 7 of 16 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

this is a photo of the error

Message 8 of 16 (626 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This is a photo of the error received upon attempting to follow the instructions given.

Message 9 of 16 (535 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have gone and updated my driver to "BIOS 1.0.9" 

Is this modern enough?

Message 10 of 16 (553 Views)