Battlefront 2. Disabling PC Controller

by AmigowiecPL

Original Post

Re: Battlefront 2. Disabling PC Controller

★★★ Novice

This is ridiculous and stupid.... Fix this already!

Isn't there some console command you can type to disable controllers except mouse and keyboard??

Message 11 of 32 (3,759 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Needs option to enable/disable controller support
Message 12 of 32 (3,720 Views)

★★ Novice

We simply need to be able to use both at the same time, like in the 1st Battlefront. Or to remapp keys, something quiet simple you can do in almost every PC game.

Message 13 of 32 (3,707 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just checking to see if there is a solution that will be forthcoming...

Message 14 of 32 (3,658 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here we are in September, and I still can't disable my hotas so I can use mouse/keyboard.

EA claims they sent feedback to their team in April and it still hasn't been fixed. This support is absolutely horrible and completely worthless. What a joke.

Message 15 of 32 (3,585 Views)

★ Apprentice

And now in December 2018 and soon 2019 and still I couldn't find any option in the Settings menu nor in "C:\Users\<user>\Documents\STAR WARS Battlefront II\settings\" to turn off controller. I still need to unplug it before launching the game.

Message 16 of 32 (3,462 Views)

★ Apprentice

cant believe not fixed

Message 17 of 32 (3,417 Views)

★★ Guide

It may be a stupid question (apologies in advance) but does it depend on what controller you use? I use a keyboard and mouse but the 6 yr old only uses the controller. They are both plugged in at the same time … one click and it switches seamlessly from one to other. Never had the need to uplug any device. So luckily I don't see the problem listed here.

My controller is an old Microsoft Xbox 360 controller. I am assuming they may all have different firmware/drivers?????  Somewhere I have a Logitek joystick … I will try and dig that out and see if that works OK or not.

Message 18 of 32 (3,413 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi @EA_Atic
Any update on this?
Message 19 of 32 (3,368 Views)

★ Novice

You ever find a solution?  I can't use WASD and every other game I have (outside of Origin) lets me disable controllers which allows me to use the PS Navi with key binds and my mouse.  In Origin games, both the key binds and the controller inputs are read making me do 2 separate actions and unable to play the game.  Was hoping there would be a solution by the time Anthem demo came around

Message 20 of 32 (3,277 Views)