Re: Battlefront 2. Disabling PC Controller

by 7UR80

Original Post

Battlefront 2. Disabling PC Controller

★★★★ Novice

I would like to ask - and I am sure lots of players also, for adding option into Battelfront 2 game settings. At the moment there is no option to turn off pc controller support/ forcing keyboard/mouse use. In most GOOD games made by GOOD companies there is option to do it. At the moment if we want to play Battlefront 2 with keyboard/ mouse or for example mouse and some other controller mapped with any software like Joytokey or reWSAD etc, we have to unplug all usb controlelrs like pads, steering wheels etc. It is so annoying. Also if someone want to use custom controller [with any keys mapping software ] it is not possible because You do not allow to setup own custom settings for keys for controllers so it is making conflicts with controller / mouse. Please add this option as soon as possible becuse playing with own steering hardware is not possible in game. I ask for answer in this thread and fixing this problem.

Message 1 of 32 (13,810 Views)

★ Novice

Yes! This is something that should be added at the begining. I also have to plug off xbox controller, wheel and pedals. It is so lame that so big company cant even copy good solutions from smaller ones and they do not care players/ customers asks about fixing problem. Same thing was with Battlefront 1. 

Message 2 of 32 (13,701 Views)

★★ Novice

Indeed, the issue is still there. That's incredible. And the controls don't work properly if you don't use a geniune Xbox controller, worse than worse.

As I play with the Xbox controller for the starfighter (because I can't use my hots joystifck, which would make more sense in a starfighter...), each time I go back to infantry I have to put out the controller batteries to deactivate it and to be bale to play with my mouse/keyboard.

That's a realy shame. The previous battlefront could do it!

Someone at EA is really reading these posts??? and taking them in account???

Or it only serves as a filter for angry and disappointed players???

Message 3 of 32 (13,381 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @RoadC,

We are reading the forums and sending on the feedback to the teams. Standard smile

This feedback have been sent on to the team!

/Atic
Message 4 of 32 (13,351 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I had this issue from launch until it went away after the February 1.2 update. Now it has re-appeared since the recent 2.0 update. It is very frustrating and makes the game practically unplayable.

Message 5 of 32 (13,325 Views)

★ Guide

I just started getting this on last patch. As an old man, hee hee, I can't use mouse and keyboard for flying. Grab controller and pow! It stops working. Happens randomly.

Message 6 of 32 (13,295 Views)

★★ Novice

That's good to know, I hope the issue will be fixed soon, or may it has been fixed in the last update (Origin has downloaded an update today) ; that would be good news.

Message 7 of 32 (13,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Well, after having launched the game today, I can say the issue is still there. How ridiculous, it just made me abandon the game... It's like a joke, a very bad one, it's the reality, the first game ever that can be controlled with the mouse and a controller (a unique one!) but you can't switch between them without taking out the controller's batteries. It's the most incredible and ridiculous bug I've ever seen. And no one to fix it! In one word... Bravo guys, thanks for your profesionalism!

Message 8 of 32 (13,222 Views)

★★★ Novice

Why does this game insist on that I have to use my HOTAS or Racing Wheel or whatever????

This should be off on default.

After the last patch its even worse, now I can't even exit the game without killing the game in the Task Manager or unplug all my controllers...

Fix this already, it can't be rocket science....

Message 9 of 32 (13,206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yea...sure, but what good can that do, if this is a claim that's has been around since the release of the game, and so far they haven´t do anything to fix it.

Message 10 of 32 (13,200 Views)