Battlefront 2 100% CPU usage

by Therealtinoo

Original Post

Re: Battlefront 2 100% CPU usage

★★★ Novice
Does anyone know if this fixes the input lag/locking issue that seems to be happening with this game?
Message 11 of 24 (8,732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@GalmLead wrote:
Does anyone know if this fixes the input lag/locking issue that seems to be happening with this game?

do you have vsync on? if yes thats probably the issue,

if not check out your DPC letency with dpc checker

last make sure your fps is set to your refresh rate.

Message 12 of 24 (8,722 Views)

★★★ Novice

I removed the variable of the game just not running good due to GPU bottle neck, as well as ensuring it wasn't a CPU bottle neck either.  I set it to lowest (my system can run it on high settings), yet this had no affect.  So, it's not frame rate what so ever.  The game runs butter smooth even while the input lag occurs.

As for DPC...Just what is that?  I'm not certain I know just what that is.

Message 13 of 24 (8,707 Views)

★★★ Novice

Good tip, but no help here Frown i have a RX480, I5-4570S and 16GB Ram and cant play the first minutes of every game or the beginning of the campaign after loading. 100% CPU and no help...

low or ultra settings, FPS fix or vsync etc. nothing helps :/

And sometimes after the respawn ive got a "ghosting" screen ofer the display. see attachment.

Message 14 of 24 (8,685 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Rasgarroth, thanks for this solution, it's really works!

Message 15 of 24 (8,626 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem I have a i7600 1060gtx gpu a 8gb ram and its unplayable the fps drops 

Message 16 of 24 (8,605 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here with i54590,16gb, 1050ti OC. Some maps loading with 100% cpu and stays for the 1st 3-4mins of match or all time, next time same map loads normal.

It seems like random.Change resolution, settings nothing helps.

Temporally solution is to exit game and load BF2 again.Sometimes works other no.

Message 17 of 24 (8,028 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Why do they not do anything about resource management? fixing and nerfing stuffs. but they not give a ... ck about us who cant play because we not want to burn down our pc to play this *. Fix it already. its been a month. almost 2 month. and still the same issues. 100%cpu, 100% gpu usage and shuttering.

Message 18 of 24 (7,923 Views)

★★★ Novice
I stopped playing the game because of the graphical stuttering introduced by one of the patches. It is simply unplayable at any graphic settings on an i7 and Gtx 1080ti at the moment when it originally ran ok. There was always lag in the pre game screens but I could live with that as in game performance was fine.

The only solution I have found is to use DX11 which appears to mitigate frame drop issues.
Message 19 of 24 (7,835 Views)

★★ Novice

It's your shader cache .It doesn't save so everytime your game has to load everything from the beginning over and over and until it's loaded up it stresses your cpu  .Had this exact same problem and all you have to do is use a different version for your graphics card drivers.Unfortunately there is no permanent fix yet .You have to find a driver version that works for you 

A lot of people are saying that the newest driver for nvidia 390.77 works , other than that i'd recommend trying to clear your shader cache and hope for the best

Message 20 of 24 (7,829 Views)