Re: Battlefront 2 100% CPU usage

by Carbonic

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

The only one thing that really helped me it was set 60fps limit in MSI Afterburner and exactly in RivaTuner. Now when the game is loading everything is ok I mean fps 60 and cpu and gpu usage about 20-40%. Before, I notice about 900 fps (this is ridiculous) and permanent 100% cpu nad gpu usage. In game it's also much better. I was tried suggestion about limit fps using user.cfg file but it's not work when game is loading(!) and in game was still stuttering (but fps 60). 

Message 21 of 24 (4,862 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The RivaTuner trick does not work for me with lasted Amd driver. (so after 17.2.x)
I noticed that with DX12 the cpu problem goes away, but the gpu is always 100% loaded. So one problem solved, and another one came

Message 22 of 24 (4,856 Views)

★ Novice

There is actually a really simple fix! I had the same issue and I couldn't even play the game on the lowest settings, now I can keep my CPU around 60% all while running my game on max settings. 

For some unknown reason EA does not allow the frame rate to capped in battlefront so most peoples system try to run it at 300 fps which very few CPUs can handle. What you need to do is download some third party software that will cap the frame rate for you. 

Here's a youtube link showing you how to do this: 

Star Wars Battlefront 2 GPU CPU usage 100% fix

Message 23 of 24 (4,553 Views)

Hero

@tho15041 wrote:

There is actually a really simple fix! I had the same issue and I couldn't even play the game on the lowest settings, now I can keep my CPU around 60% all while running my game on max settings. 

For some unknown reason EA does not allow the frame rate to capped in battlefront so most peoples system try to run it at 300 fps which very few CPUs can handle. What you need to do is download some third party software that will cap the frame rate for you. 

Here's a youtube link showing you how to do this: 

Star Wars Battlefront 2 GPU CPU usage 100% fix

You should probably mention that limiting the FPS using third party applications or options like vsync will cause various degrees of input lag.

carbonic signature

Message 24 of 24 (4,536 Views)