Battlefron 2 wont start

by Hlellsing

Original Post

Battlefron 2 wont start

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I bought STBF2 yesterday, installed it and tried to launch it, but nothing happens. It shows up in the task manager process and then disappears.

My System is PC Win 7.

I tried:  Running Origin/STBF2 as Admin

Whitelisting Firewall/Antivirus

Reinstalling

Ipconfig/Flush

Updating Windows/Origin

I also read something about DirecX12 but i dont have it as far as i know and to go into the Settings Folder under Users, but there is none.

Any ideas?

Greetings

Message 1 of 7 (514 Views)

Re: Battlefron 2 wont start

Hero

I suggest you run DXDIAG and post your results.  This will help others understand specifics of your setup.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/ 

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 7 (426 Views)

★★ Novice

I am currently having the same issue after getting the game on the weekend,

I have searched through many posts, from the begging my origin wouldn't install so had to install it via another computer and transfer the install folder. From there i managed to download and install BF2 several times over , tried reboots , repairs ect.

i just click play get a loading signal on the mouse and then everything disappears and sends me back to the original screen again.

i think it is a safe assessment the issue is with origin . what happened to just inserting a disc and whalaa!! 

Message 3 of 7 (406 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AOD_dingdongdaly- the Dxdiag screenshot is not what is needed(it didn't show the display info). You need to run it again and click on the save all information button. This will save a file called Dxdiag.txt in your documents folder. This is what you need to attach. Don't worry, the file does not show any personal information, only the status of your PC at the time.

I also noted the difficulty with installing Origin. Can you provide a little more information re this problem eg? were there any messages on the screen?.

Quote "what happened to just inserting a disc and whalaa!!"  - You need access to EA servers!! 

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

Champion
@Hlellsing - hi. DirectX 12 is not available in Win7 but as @DarthFDG asked, can you run Dxdiag and post the text file. It will tell us the status of your PC eg. setup/drivers etc. We may be able to pick up your problem from it.
"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue as you. Origin installation is not working, telling me something went wrong (error code -1:0), but all the files are installed in the designated folder.

Then when I launch the game, it shows up in the task manager and disappear, then return to origin again.

I tried: repairing game files,

shutting down Antivirus,

executing the game directly,

turning off cloud sync,

Here's my dixdiag. This is my first time experience in buying games on Origin, I really appreciate the help.

Message 6 of 7 (367 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey!

I solved my problem pretty fast and it was a weird one:

I had to update my Origin. Which i did in the client. It downloaded it and wanted me to restart Origin. Done.

Restart Origin and after 10-15mins he wants me to do another Update. Same thing, download, restart.

After the 3rd or 4th time he wanted to do an update(it didnt use Origin quite a time so i didnt bother at first) i took a look at my version and it stayed the same.

So i downloaded the latest version manually, problem solved. I dont know why the update via Client didnt work, but either way, it works now.

Message 7 of 7 (345 Views)