Battlefield V won’t start on Xbox one

by Locust933

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield V won’t start on Xbox one

★ Novice

As of December 6, I have not been able to play Battlefield V. I can press launch on Xbox home and get the screen saver, but after a few seconds I am returned to the home screen. I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall and it appear that the game doesn’t install anything, it goes in the queue and then immidiatly completes as if I never tried to uninstall it. 

Message 1 of 36 (13,246 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield V won’t start on Xbox one

Community Manager

Hey @Locust933

Are you still having trouble launching BFV?

Do these steps help out at all?

1. Power cycle the console: http://bit.ly/XB1_PowerCycle
  2. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 36 (13,163 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Locust933

Are you still having trouble launching BFV?

Do these steps help out at all?

1. Power cycle the console: http://bit.ly/XB1_PowerCycle
  2. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 36 (13,164 Views)

★ Novice

hi thanks for replying, I was able to launch BFV after power cycling and it worked perfectly after then.

Message 3 of 36 (13,149 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still doesn’t work even doing those steps, didn’t work. Great.

Message 4 of 36 (12,461 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am currently stuck on the black loading screen with the loading “v” in the top right corner. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, cleared my MAC address, and cleared local and cloud saved data as well as power cycling the Xbox one. None of these have helped. Can anyone please help

Message 5 of 36 (10,167 Views)

Community Manager

@SmokeBMCR 

Is the game being installed on an external hard drive or do you have anything plugged into the USB slots on your Xbox?

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 36 (10,131 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Game was being installed on external hard drive.  All other games operating from this location work fine.  I uninstalled it from the external, wiped local and cloud data, power cycled the Xbox and then reinstalled on the console. It’s working now. I may try and transfer it back to the external and see what effect that has as BF1 works just fine off of it. 

Message 7 of 36 (10,121 Views)

Community Manager

@SmokeBMCR 

It's possible it works on the external just fine but I've seen situations where files are on both the internal and external (game is on external and then updates are auto-applied to the internal). This causes data to be pulled from two different sources causing some issues.

Glad we got it figured out though, good luck on the battlefield!

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 36 (10,116 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I launch battlefield V and select my account, all actionable options disappear like it’s a loading screen. However, nothing updates so I’m stuck on a screen while the music plays endlessly. 

I’ve followed all of your steps, it’s installed on my Xbox, not an external hd, and nothing is plugged into the usb slots. 

Any ideas?

Message 9 of 36 (9,290 Views)

Community Manager

@seanmaher17 

Can you try changing your DNS on the console to the following numbers below? It's under your Network Settings. Players that are getting stuck on endless loading screens have been able to fix that by changing the DNS. Let us know if that helps.

Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8
Alternate DNS server: 8.8.4.4

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 36 (9,276 Views)