Re: Battlefield V stuttering issue

by BayekCL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield V stuttering issue

★★★ Novice

my specs : Gtx 1660 , Ryzen 5 1600 , HDD , 8GB 3000MHz 

I contacted EA live chat and they told me to clear origin cache and some other trouble shooting steps , and they didnt work , except for clean booting my pc it worked a little bit , but the stuttering was there and it was annoying , i am also running "Empty Standby List" every 5 minutes on a task scheduler .

i also pass recommended requirements for GPU , CPU 

and the game's minimum requirements for ram is 3000MHz

game recommends me to play on medium settings but i play on low with FFR ON (it didnt matter if it was on or off tbh) 

Message 1 of 14 (2,211 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

It sounds like you are running out of ram while playing BFV, I recommend getting more in-general. @betmenFTW  

If you are playing at the moment with 8gb then don't run any other program in the background, take a look on your task bar and see how many programs in the background are running. 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 11 of 14 (2,447 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hope some of these tips can reduce the problems a bit:

-Install GeForce 436.02 WHQL driver download, it works best at the moment

-Enable Physics to run on GPU in NV-configuration screen

-Disable virus scanners, system maintenance and system monitor app during a game

-Disable Chroom and all other browers and videoplayers

-Install BFV on a SSD

-Use factory supplied GPU overclocking software: Auto tune option to boost GPU performance

-Keep CPU especially and GPU temperatures as well very low

-Test with and without XPM memory profiles enabled

-Install the latest AMD Ryzen chipset drivers

-Clean up (remove old files & defragment windows registry) your system with for instance: CCleaner or adwcleaner

-Defragment your HDD

ingame:

-Disable V-Sync

-Disable prerendered frames

-Set frame limiter to: Same as monitor

-Turn off Ambient occlusion

-Good luck!

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 14 (2,189 Views)

★★★ Novice

SSD dont impact ingame performance + i dont even own one 

i am not planning on overclocking 

the rest of the solutions didnt work

my temps are low (they are in the 60s)

and my HDD has about 380gb of free disk space , its not a space problem

extra : when i play BFV , the only app that's running is BFV 

Message 3 of 14 (2,148 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@betmenFTW I have never heard of the 3000MHz requirement, did you mean 3GB of RAM in total? Have you tried a RAM cleaner / cachmem app to clear all memory prior to running the game? I know Asus supplies one for their GPU's (GPU Tweak II\Gaming Booster), maybe others do this as well? If that does not work i would try a Windows Cleanboot if all else fails.

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 4 of 14 (2,114 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have 8gigabytes of ram in total , i am using 8GB crucial ram that it's clock speed is 3000MegaHertz , also i use Empty Standby List to clean memory every 5 minutes by using a task scheduler 

i was running on a clean boot while still having stuttering issues and when i switched to normal boot i didnt notice any difference .

i noticed less stuttering when i updated my gpu to the latest drivers but i still have the stuttering issue 

also thanks for your time and help

Message 5 of 14 (2,096 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @betmenFTW, thanks for the details! 

When you are playing Battlefield V how much ram is used in total? 

Also what settings are you using in the game? 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 14 (2,065 Views)

★★★★ Guide

If you are playing on DX12 then try to switch to DX11.

DX12 + FB2 are known to cause stuttering on some systems. Its seen in many FB2 games (Battlefield franchise, Battlefront franchise).

Also while your specs are within minimum the recommended BFV is a memory hog both on RAM and VRAM. 8GB ram is on the short side and tests have shown that BFV uses up to 11GB RAM when available. Also the 6GB VRAM on your GPU is on the lower scale and with both the RAM and VRAM being barely adequate it may add up to the stutter behavior.

The first thing you should try is to switch to the DX version you are not currently on. Also no need to the use memory cleaner for this game and in fact it may be a part of the problem, instead of a part of the solution. So dont have it running while gaming. Also check that that you havent turned of shader cache in nvidia 3d settings. If its off globally then turn it on, at least for BFV.

In any case you should consider upgrading to 16 GB RAM. Those 8 GB is going to hold you back for many AAA games and adding another 8GB of 3000mhz RAM is not very expensive. Many tests shows that the sweet spot for gaming is 16 GB and one of the games tested is Battefield V 

Message 7 of 14 (1,973 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@betmenFTW colocale 8gb mas de ram y se solucionara
Message 8 of 14 (1,958 Views)

Message 9 of 14 (1,946 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic 6.1gb in total
Message 10 of 14 (1,925 Views)