Battlefield V problems with correct aiming/mouse problems

by voltimo

Original Post

Battlefield V problems with correct aiming/mouse problems

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When i was playing BF V in January/December all was ok. Now coming back after few months i have problems with "mouse rotation" to the both sides. I can play on 60 FPS on best settings but to make sure its not computer problems i set lowest settings.

i5 6400 2,7GHz

GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

16 GB RAM 2133MHz

When im trying to shoot someone i have problems with moving crosshair to the sides. Sometimes it works, sometimes i can't move crosshair, it seems like i have in that moment 3fps but all is OK - stable 60 FPS. I was trying nearly every kind of settings. I have read a lot of topics here and nothing helped.

Mouse is 100% OK, other games works properly.

Here you have video. I just couldn't move my crosshair to the left, to that enemys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZajDs7x5Bc

Message 1 of 12 (3,230 Views)

Re: Battlefield V problems with correct aiming/mouse problems

Community Manager

@voltimo 

That doesn't look enjoyable to play with, let's see what we can do to narrow down the cause of it. Do you use any overlays like MSI Afterburner, Discord, or Origin In-Game? 

There is an option to disable fullscreen optimisation under your BFV folder on the PC. Right-click on the .exe and select properties>compatibility. That should help with mouse stuttering.

Would you mind uploading a DxDiag for us so we can look at your full system specs?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 12 (3,200 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I use only NVIDIA GeForce experience to record highlits. Origin in game is set off. I dont use any others programs

Here it is DxDiag

Message 3 of 12 (3,177 Views)

Community Manager

@voltimo 

Can you try updating to the latest build of Windows 10? Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates. With a 4 core processor I'd also try uninstalling GeForce Experience and play the game with all overlays disabled to see if you have any positive results. It could be pending Windows updates in the background causing this though, hopefully that fixes it!

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 12 (3,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Game was OK even on best settings in the end of last year, GeForce experience also was ok so i dont blame processor. I think something happened after last game updates... I play now on window mode and everything is ok, but i hate window mode so i have to fix that anyway. I will update system (i miss that somehow), will se what then.

@edit: windows update didnt help. But on window mode i set ultra settings and everything is ok. very strange sytuation

Message 5 of 12 (3,138 Views)

Community Manager

@voltimo 

What's your monitor's refresh rate on?

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 12 (3,122 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this same issue, but it's only been the last 2 days. I have no overlays, and a refresh rate of 240 @ 1080. It runs a steady 115ish fps. It acts like I am laggy. It slowly moves then jumps. It is really frustrating. I took a few months of because the game crash issues. 3 fresh windows installs, 6 fresh BF5 installs, with nothing but BF5 installed. I really enjoy this game, but it has to work!

Message 7 of 12 (3,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_BlueberryMy monitor is 75Hz

Message 8 of 12 (3,104 Views)

@voltimo wrote:

Game was OK even on best settings in the end of last year, GeForce experience also was ok so i dont blame processor. I think something happened after last game updates... I play now on window mode and everything is ok, but i hate window mode so i have to fix that anyway. I will update system (i miss that somehow), will se what then.

@edit: windows update didnt help. But on window mode i set ultra settings and everything is ok. very strange sytuation

Honestly your CPU is slightly below the minimum required CPU so playing on Ultra is not the best idea since BF5 is a very CPU intensive game and a 1060 3 GB isn't going to make up for that. The thing with hardware that is below spec is that it may run just fine for a while but a game update or windows update can make the game so it no longer performs in a playable manner.  I recommend lowering your graphics settings from Ultra to Medium or High and then enabling precision mouse pointing as described here for the best results:  https://www.thewindowsclub.com/enhance-pointer-precision-windows

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 9 of 12 (3,094 Views)

Community Manager

@voltimo 

Your CPU processor is below the minimum system requirements, so it does not surprise me your game is playing well on Windowed mode. I recommend uninstalling GeForce Experience because that can cause the CPU usage to rise, make sure all programs are closed when you are playing BFV. I'd recommend playing it on lower settings if you can and in windowed mode to boost performance.

BFV PC System Requirements

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/buy/pc-system-requirements

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 12 (3,094 Views)