Re: Battlefield V keeps requiring large updates.

by 2042isNotBF

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield V keeps requiring large updates.

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my origin and battlefield 5 where the game keeps updating in big sizes. There is always a 30GB update and it is quite impossible to play if i have to keep updating almost every day. Today, I reached my limit when origin made me update the game again after spending the whole afternoon updating the game. I did not even turn off or restart my computer. Honestly, this is so damn annoying and its one of the big issues that is making me sure not gonna give me money to EA anymore.

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 14 (6,844 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Battlefield V should only have big updates up to 2 times a month and those updates are typically 30GB of preparing (this is not downloading) and then the patch which can be like 4-7GB.

If your game updates several times a day or in another manner than what I described something is most likely broken with your game or Origin installation and you should probably remove these, use Windows to check for harddrive errors and then reinstall them.

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 8 of 14 (6,484 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

I agree the updates are very large and are served in multiple download steps that do not indicate properly how long it is going to take in total. This usually takes up to more then an hour of waiting before it is done with an 100mbit connection, I imagine it being a much longer wait on slower connections.

I do not know why EA has chosen this method but i got used too it over time. The only problem is that the game does not update itself when possible and only commences when you start the game even though it is setup to do so in Origin auto-update settings.

I hope there is something we can do about these short comings and you won't have too wait so long in the future. See you on the Battlefield.

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 14 (6,801 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Apex_Predator_JH  , @XTRA-Larsiano  The updates may be large but all part of it as they add and fix things in a new or newer game. I get not everyone has fast net so my best advice is let it update as you sleep. Most times the do announce new updates so you can be ready for it. @XTRA-Larsiano  strange as my game will update as soon as I open origin or if I just keep origin open. 

Message 3 of 14 (6,784 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My friend and I only plays battlefield together. Whenever I have an update, he doesn’t. And whenever he does, it’s a small 5gb update. But I always and only get 30GB updates. The picture posted with my original post is the same update I just updated that day. This has been going on for as long as battlefield V had been out in I’ve been waiting to confirm there’s something wrong. I’m pretty sure somethings broken 

Message 4 of 14 (6,764 Views)

★ Guide
@Apex_Predator_JH Hmm, How much space do you have left your hard drive?

I had the same problem a while back, I think it was something to do with Profile game data Cache.
I'm not sure, But just make sure you have enough Space on the Hard disk you are using for the game.
Message 5 of 14 (6,746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@MLB2CLG I have at least 600GB on my hard drive. I have several games installed on my PC from origin, but only this problem persists from battlefield V. Its strange. Can't find an answer online anywhere.

Message 6 of 14 (6,739 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have exactly the same problem.

Only have 100Gb per month in downloads, so BFV updating once every month for 40Gb starts to stretch the friendship.

Message 7 of 14 (6,512 Views)

Hero

Battlefield V should only have big updates up to 2 times a month and those updates are typically 30GB of preparing (this is not downloading) and then the patch which can be like 4-7GB.

If your game updates several times a day or in another manner than what I described something is most likely broken with your game or Origin installation and you should probably remove these, use Windows to check for harddrive errors and then reinstall them.

carbonic signature

Message 8 of 14 (6,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

That is just absurd. Many times I have started Origin in order to play BFV but then it has to check the whole game (30-40gb) and it takes 15min-45min. Then it downloads the update which takes under a minute. Why is it build to be so stupid way to update? This has pushed me away from BFV all together. EA even admits it is faster to download the whole game if you have high speed connection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O8J2locx5o

Message 9 of 14 (6,087 Views)

★★ Novice

This is total *.... I have to update this game Everytime I'm going to play for like 30gb ???? I have tried reinstall bfv reinstall origin, fix the game, and it's always the same... EA is definitely worse everyday

Message 10 of 14 (4,690 Views)