Re: Battlefield V freezing PLS HELP!!!!!!

by Crawlingkhan66

Original Post

Battlefield V freezing PLS HELP!!!!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I just recently installed Battlefield V and playing the war stories my game freezes every now and then for a few seconds and then resumes the game and does it again. Moving onto the multiplayer it does that also but no where near as much, so it is playable on multiplayer but is still annoying. I believe my PC is able to run the game no problem. I have tried many thing's to try and fix this issue such as running the game as administrator, making sure my graphics card driver is up to date, repairing the game, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, creating a gaming profile for Nvidia drivers, making sure the game is allowed through firewall, reducing graphics in game etc. This issue is very frustrating and I'm beginning to worry that I can't fix this issue and battlefield is one of my favourite games. I would appreciate any help and if you would like some extra info on my specs etc please feel free to ask.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 22 (1,056 Views)

Champion (Retired)

your cpu speed just barely hits the minimum requirements so playing on LOW settings with 1080 resolution at max is the only option. Also make sure to kill all background apps and if possible install BFV on an SSD. Here is a checklist that might help:

-download and install the latest AMD chipset driver

-update motherboard BIOS

-set physiX to run on GPU in NV control pannel

-windows cleanboot

-driver cleaner procedure

-perform a windows cleanup:  and select remove shader cash

-virus scan / adwcleaner, registry cleaner / ccleaner, HDD defragment / SSD trimm

-How to set a factory overclocked graphics card to Nvidia reference clock speeds

-disable all overclocks of CPU, GPU, chipset and memory (XMP) < usual suspect >

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 22 (1,006 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Does it matter if i put it on a 240 GB SSD as it will nearly fill it around 80GB will remain will that be enough?

Message 3 of 22 (974 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also what CPU would u recommend for my system as im getting 32Gb of Ram very soon and if you could suggest a good motherboard and GPU

thank you

Message 4 of 22 (972 Views)

Champion (Retired)

-240GB will do just remove GTV5 Wink (joke) and also disable the hibernation file on the drive this will save you a lot of space

-AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Boxed AM4 socket • Hexa core @ 3,6GHz-4,2GHz 65W € 195,05 or AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Boxed

depends on the budget too. but remember BFV is a highend game and this cpu is capable of that also the cpu will last you 4 to 5  years maybe more

-motherboards are available in a wider variety the X570 is the fastest chipset for this platform i think any motherboard with this chip will do...

_________________________________________________________________________________

EA Champion

Message 5 of 22 (959 Views)

★★★★ Novice

how do i update my chipset and how do i disable the hibernation file on the drive as google isn't being very helpful

Message 6 of 22 (950 Views)

Champion (Retired)

google gives a 'how to' even without opening a site: 

1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
  2. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
  3. If you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
  4. At the Command Prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press ENTER.

the chipset is the main part of a motherboard and fused to it so you buy it in combination with the board example

EA Champion

Message 7 of 22 (943 Views)

Re: Battlefield V Freezing

Community Manager
Hi @Crawlingkhan66,

Your PC specs look solid. We're most likely not seeing a hardware issue causing these freezes. From your DxDiag I did notice that you've got a couple storage devices installed on your PC. Do you have the Origin client installed on the same drive as the Battlefield V client? If not, could you try moving BFV over to the same drive as Origin to see if that helps at all?

Let me know how it goes when you can.

/Kent
Kent.png
Message 8 of 22 (925 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Didn't work still freezes Frown

Message 9 of 22 (929 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Before we move of the a higher level of unstable/ crashing BFV games there is a few things to summon up and maybe check once again.

-First i must note that especially during single player missions when moving trough a stage there is always a 'loading point' were data is preloaded for the next scenes. this is for all pc's & consoles alike a single sided freeze one should take into account when identifying freeze issues. The slower the machine the longer this freeze halts the system....

-BFV is now on SSD?

-TRIM the ssd after moving the files to it?

-update ssd firmware (after backup of important files just in case)  if possible?

-downgrade the bios with an usb stick

-check system component temperatures during operation

-check resources utilization during game and freezes

-try playing with an open case

EA Champion

Message 10 of 22 (858 Views)