Battlefield V crashing without giving any error

by Snaggis

Original Post

Battlefield V crashing without giving any error

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have been experiencing crashes in Battlefield V since it launched for Premier customers. The crashes always happen in the same way: during a game everything just freezes for 3-6 seconds and I land back to my desktop without any error message. Sometimes it takes two games to crash and sometimes it crashes after 10 to 15 minutes.

I have taken the following steps:

1. Uninstalled Nvidia drivers with DDU and reinstalled them without Geforce Experience. 

2. I backrolled to the previous version but did not have any effect. 

3. I have tried the following drivers: 416.34/81/94 and the problem persists with all of them.

4. I have reinstalled Battlefield V and repaired it multiple times.

5. I have tried to stress my pc in other games but Battlefield V is the only one where it crashes.

6. I have closely monitored temperature and usages rates of my mem, gpu and cpu.

7. Tried changing between DX11 and 12 = crashing continues.

I did not experience these problems during Battlefield V Beta.

Attached you can find dxdiag.txt and two .txt reports from Windows Eventviewer. These reports are the only ones I have been able to find. 

Thank you in advance!

Message 21 of 976 (31,464 Views)

Re: Battlefield V crashing without giving any error

Community Manager

@Snaggis

Please let us know if installing the following Windows 10 October 2018 Update helps you here, thanks.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

barry.png
Message 22 of 976 (31,441 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks for the reply Barry! Forgot to mention in the original post that I installed that update today and tried RTX. It worked fine and I had no stutters with DX12. After about 30 minutes the same crash happened.
Message 23 of 976 (31,433 Views)

Community Manager

@Snaggis

I have just posted on another similar thread at the following link, can you try those steps too please?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/RayTracing-Causes-Game-to-Crash/m-p/7171068#M1204

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 24 of 976 (31,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issues as you have.

1. Tried reinstalling drivers (using DDU)
  2. Tried RAM cleaner tool of the DDU-makers (forgot the name)
  3. Changed settings ingame
  4. Tried windowed/borderless/fullscreen
  5. Limited FPS
  6. Monitored temperature

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: bfv.exe, Version: 1.0.67.38148, Zeitstempel: 0x5be4b75f
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: bfv.exe, Version: 1.0.67.38148, Zeitstempel: 0x5be4b75f
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000008b28d50
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xac0
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d47d13836c1833
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: I:\Spiele\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: I:\Spiele\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
Berichtskennung: b7cb4920-f459-4c9f-91c2-13817ae9bf73
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

:/

Message 25 of 976 (31,383 Views)

★★★ Novice
i have the same issue, the funny part is that i can play the last 3 days and today it crashes all the time ....
Message 26 of 976 (31,370 Views)

★★★ Novice
ok i found a fix for me
it seems there was some language problem, i just switched the annoucer language 2 times, to english again and now it works... and i cleared the origin cache, but i think the first one fixxed it for me, because i played the trial before and i think i had diffrent language settings before Standard smile if anyone will try to test this, feel free Wink
Message 27 of 976 (31,359 Views)

Community Manager

hey @Snaggis

Does switching the announcer language fix it for you like what @blgblade mentioned?

Blueberry.png
Message 28 of 976 (31,346 Views)

Re: Game Keeps Crashing don't know what to do HELP!

★★★ Apprentice

As an extra bit, I have tried changing from DX11 to DX12, and turning settings to low. I also tried GPU Memory limiter both on and Off. No dice. Does anyone official want to even comment that they are aware of this?

Message 29 of 976 (7,796 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Another thread with this issue

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Game-Keeps-Crashing-don-t-know-what-to-do-HELP/td-p/71646...

This seems to be a bigger deal than I thought. Im both relieved and sad its a bit more widespread.

Message 30 of 976 (31,327 Views)