Re: Battlefield V crashing without giving any error

by Roloxian124-1939

Original Post

Re: Game Keeps Crashing don't know what to do HELP!

★ Apprentice
Another patch and still crashing. Thank you for such a great game, DICE.
Message 551 of 976 (1,007 Views)

Re: Battlefield 5 Keeps crashing on PC randomly

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Crashing to desktop started after Feb 13 patch. No problem since then.

I have a GTX 1080.

Crash times are random during gameplay. A sudden freeze and desktop appear without any messages or failed drivers.

Message 552 of 976 (837 Views)

@dc8flyer 

The game did not "ruined" your cards.

Either this cards where defective from the get go, or a conflict/problem with the software (drivers cetera)  are causing the problem.

If the cards are OK on the hardware-side, they will function completely normal once this problem is solved.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 553 of 976 (1,003 Views)

Re: Battlefield V crashing without giving any error

★★★ Newbie

This has happened to me many times. It will freeze and you will leave the game when the screen goes black. Try closing the application and restarting your device as this has worked for my and other players. However I hope it is patched in an update yet to come.

Message 554 of 976 (2,720 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same for me. Started after latest updates.

The latest patch also introduced some weird graphical glitches that only appear after I die when spectating a squad mate. Screen flickers and audio crackles.

Message 555 of 976 (821 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Happening to me too... tried everything from clearing cache to clean installing drivers 

Message 556 of 976 (815 Views)

Re: BFV crashes when DX12 \ DXR are enabled.

★★★★★ Newbie

same here. rtx 2080 when i activate dxr the game crash, back office windows

i can play in directx 12 mode but witout drx on

Message 557 of 976 (2,326 Views)

Re: BFV crashes when DX12 \ DXR are enabled.

★★★★ Apprentice

I have a similar problem. The game can crash unpredictably when DXR is ON. And no matter FFR is on or off. I can play for hours and no problem. And I can only go to the server and get a crash in a couple of minutes. This game may freeze and crash when loading new map. And what is very strange is the fact that EVERY TIME I QUIT THE GAME I get a problem report in the log report: "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered". This issue is observed with the driver 318.91 and no matter whether the video card is overclocked or not. It also does not matter how many times you reinstall the operating system or the game itself, or the driver. Log file will continue to fix nvlddmkm error every time in the moment of leaving the game process.

Message 558 of 976 (2,315 Views)

★ Apprentice

Final report for me on this:

After the DLSS patch was released (and corresponding Nvidia drivers), the crashes stopped altogether for me (as well as the microstuttering), regardless if DXR was enabled (previously it was crashing only if I had DXR enabled).

I wish everyone else the best of luck with resolving their other crashing issues!

Message 559 of 976 (921 Views)

★ Apprentice

@dc8flyer If you have the means, you should definitely try playing Metro Exodus. It's a newly released game that supports DXR(ray tracing) and DLSS. That way you could greatly narrow the problem down to see if it's just BF5 or (at least imply) that it could be problem with tensor cores (ray tracing cores).

Message 560 of 976 (1,075 Views)