Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Battlefield V crashing without giving any error

by Orbitaz1070

Original Post

★ Apprentice

And how often shall we underclock, clear the cache, undervolt, overvolt ???? FIX THE DAMN GAME WHAT WE PAID FOR!!! 

Message 31 of 67 (2,954 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the suggestion, @HewyX

Does clearing the cache fix it for anyone else?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 32 of 67 (2,891 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi all, I did not experience any issues with the game for 1 month, and all of the sudden, after replacing my 2k monitor with a 4k one, I'm getting constant crashes to desktop, without any errors..

Faulting application name: bfv.exe, version: 1.0.68.32584, time stamp: 0x5c1007a4
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.134, time stamp: 0x1659a33b
Exception code: 0x887a0005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000055299
Faulting process id: 0x1cec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4a466a62cef2c
Faulting application path: D:\GAMES\Origin Games\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 17e45971-d0e6-4eb9-9e27-4d291c35a4ec
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any suggestions ?

Message 33 of 67 (2,788 Views)

Community Manager

@arondutzu

Does this help prevent that from happening for you? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Keep-crashing-with-no-error-after-about-5-20-mins-BFV/m-p...

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 34 of 67 (2,784 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi guys, my game crashes randomly too with no error

Ryzen 2600x (default settings atm)

GTX 1070ti 8GB

16 Gig RAM set 2999mhz

Some nights it crashes other nights it doesn't... seems to be linked to certain sounds being played? But I can't be for certain, like I always seem to hear a large explosion

My guess is the audio in the game is crashing it. I use Sentey gs4730 usb 7.1 surround sound headphones if wondering.

I hope it gets fixed soon!

Message 35 of 67 (2,689 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
Fcuuk this shiyt.. Game was released long time ago and its still impossible to play without issues.. Dafuq is wrong with them.. total failure this game.. Paid 60e.. for what?...
Message 36 of 67 (2,667 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thank you for you idea! I have same CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700x and your solutions help me! Must be forbidden 4core of 8 core by program AMD RYZEN MASTER. The game not fall to windows.

Now I play the game without problem.

Message 37 of 67 (2,466 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My quest started because the game stuttered with an EVGA 1060 3gb card, I upgraded to a Nvidia 2080 ti FE to take advantage of RTX and the troubles didn't go away. Hated getting killed during the brief pause when a stutter occurred. I had 16g of RAM and read that upgrading to 32g of RAM would solve it so that's what I went with. Sadly, after upgrading I had continual crashes to desktop and BSODs. Many, many. Games were unplayable (FC5, BF1, BF4, BFV). I spent countless days trying to figure things out. I tried everything: Windows reinstall, BF reinstall, Origin reinstall, running Origin as admin, memory leak software (memory dumps), driver wipes and re-installs, minimal driver installs, updating all drivers, DX12 off, Future Frame Rendering off/on, adjusting virtual memory, g-sync on/off, v-sync on/off, frame rate cap on/off, goofing with settings, increasing memory voltage from 1.35 to 1.4. Patting tummy, rubbing head and twirling. Then I went into bios and reduced DRAM frequency from 3200 to 2932 (there abouts) and hallelujahs. This was an easy setting to adjust on my MSI X370 MB.

Games have been buttery smooth ever since. I am now running all graphics on ultra setting and don't have any stuttering, freezes, crashes to desktop or BSOD. Seamless RTX in ultra is freakin beautiful at 1440 btw. I can't find words to tell you how satisfying it has been to find a fix. While the game should have not have had these issues, I don't think it is the game alone - a simple tweek to your memory settings may resolve your issues based on my limited data. Good luck trouble shooting. Here are my specs:

Computer: MSI MS-7A32
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (Summit Ridge, ZP-B1)
3400 MHz (34.00x100.0) @ 3498 MHz (35.00x100.0)
Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7A32)
BIOS: 1.L0, 01/21/2019
Chipset: AMD X370 (Promontory)
Memory: 32768 MBytes @ 1466 MHz, 16-18-18-38
- 8192 MB PC25600 DDR4 SDRAM - G Skill F4-3200C16-8GTZR (4x)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 11264 MB GDDR6 SDRAM
Drive: TOSHIBA DT01ACA200, 1953.5 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
Drive: SanDisk SD7SN3Q512G1002, 500.1 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
Drive: HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40, BD-RE
Sound: NVIDIA TU102 - High Definition Audio Controller
Sound: AMD Zen - HD Audio Controller
Network: Intel I211AT Copper (Pearsonville) Network Adapter
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64) Build 17763.316 (1809/RS5)

Message 38 of 67 (1,862 Views)

★★★★ Novice

my game started crashing with fab 14 update crashes every time after few min 

Message 39 of 67 (1,858 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has happened to me many times. It will freeze and you will leave the game when the screen goes black. Try closing the application and restarting your device as this has worked for my and other players. However I hope it is patched in an update yet to come.

Message 40 of 67 (1,794 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help