Battlefield V crashes on startup

by EMPRR-NL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield V crashes on startup

★★★★★ Novice

Hey there,

I recently changed motherboard, cpu, ram, power supply and cpu cooler to play Battlefield V better. It actually helped a lot and today and yesterday I could play without any problems.

However, I noticed in my BIOS that my bios version was out of date. So I figured I'd update it and so I did. Afterwards I also did a stress test for the PC. In the meantime after the stress test I had dinner and afterwards I wanted to play Battlefield V again.

However, when I try to start it it goes to Origin, Origin closes minimizes itself and opens up again without starting Battlefield V. Afterwards I can press play again and the same thing happens..

I've looked all over the internet to find a fix. I noticed people had the same problems before with Battlefield 1. So I tried a lot of those ways to see if it would fix BFV. And it didnt..

I can't figure out if the update for my motherboard broke the game or its something else. Im guessing not, because why would it?

I don't have very fast internet so reinstalling the game is my last resort. After that I don't know what to do. As I mentioned, it worked before without any trouble.

My specs:

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero

CPU: i7-4790k

RAM: Corsair Vengance 16gb dual channel

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3gb

Could someone please help me? 

Message 1 of 3 (2,382 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield V crashes on startup

★★★★★ Novice

Update:

I've decided to reinstall Battlefield V yesterday. During installation at 26 or 29% I tried to play the game, however it gave the same problem. So I waited until it was done.

When it was done I restarted my PC and turned off the XMP profile in BIOS. I figured that that might have cause problems.

When the PC had booted up my PC crashed and I had to start it up again. Afterwards the game worked again and I didn't have any trouble.

I'm still affraid it might happen again and I'm still not sure what caused the game to not start up.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (2,356 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Update:

I've decided to reinstall Battlefield V yesterday. During installation at 26 or 29% I tried to play the game, however it gave the same problem. So I waited until it was done.

When it was done I restarted my PC and turned off the XMP profile in BIOS. I figured that that might have cause problems.

When the PC had booted up my PC crashed and I had to start it up again. Afterwards the game worked again and I didn't have any trouble.

I'm still affraid it might happen again and I'm still not sure what caused the game to not start up.

Message 2 of 3 (2,357 Views)

EA DICE Team

Glad to hear that it solved it self,  I know after bios updates you may need to reinstall your programs for them to work as they should. 

I'll see you on the Battlefield. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 3 of 3 (2,340 Views)