Battlefield V causes Hard Crash

by EMPRR-NL

Original Post

Battlefield V causes Hard Crash

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I have posted before about an issue regarding hard crashes caused by Battlefield V.

Lately I avoided playing BFV because my PC hard crashed regularly when playing Battlefield V. I have yet to find the cause.

Since I didnt play Battlefield V for a while I have not experienced any hard crashes. Yesterday and the day before yesterday however, I decided to start up Battlefield V and see How it ran. After starting up 2 days ago the game hard crashed my pc mid-game. Afterwards I restarted my pc and started Battlefield V again. This time it didnt crash and I was able to play 1 round and I quit. 

After that I was just browsing on my pc and all of a sudden my pc hard crashed.

so yesterday I decided to test something. I played different games all through the day without a single hard crash. I then in the evening decided to start up battlefield and close it right afterwards. And after 5 minutes of browsing on my pc again my pc hard crashed.

so I’m 100% certain its a Battlefield V related issue. Somehow it keeps a process running in the background causing the hard crashes. So when starting Battlefield V a process starts up and keeps running even after closing the game that causes some pc’s to hard crash.

sadly I have not found the regarding process.

please help, I want to be able to play again!

Message 1 of 14 (1,076 Views)

Re: Battlefield V causes Hard Crash

Champion (Retired)

I've read your other topic about system problems and would like to assist as much as i can and would like to summon up some specifics about the issue known sofar:

-Please add a dxdiag and or msinfo

-Did you experience the issue before you upgraded your hardware?

-Have you tried to reseat all power cables and tested other 110/220V power cable and removed breakoutboxes (stekkerdoos)?

-Have you redownload the latest Windows 10 x64 and reinstalled windows and formatted the C drive?

-How are the system temperatures?

-Have you tried removing all usb devices except mouse / keyboard?

-Have you tried running the game on a single memory module or in different slots?

-Is the BIOS up to date? Have you tested another PCI-e v3.0 8/16X slot

-Do you have another power supply to test?

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 14 (1,039 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the response! I'm glad you're willing to help.

I have tried everything advised by EA at my previous post.

DxDiag is included in my reply.

Now to point off your suggestions. (once again thanks for giving them).

- I did not have any issue before upgrading my hardware. But, playing with the old specs was unplayable because of the performance. Also, because I never encounter the hard crashes outside of Battlefield (unless I have before launched Battlefield V) I'm almost certain it's not my hardware.

- I have reseated all my cables. I also removed my older breakoutbox and bought a new one with power management build in, but this did not solve it.

- I have downloaded the latest version of Windows 10. I have not yet reinstalled Windows 10. I did however format my C drive upon installing windows 10 when I upgraded my hardware.

- System temperatures are fine. I even stresstested my hardware and everything ran smoothly.

- I have not yet removed any usb device and tried playing Battlefield. I will try this out.

- I have tried changing memory module and in diffrent slots. Even tested it with a different pair of RAM.

- BIOS was not up to date before. But I did update this because a friend told me to do so yet, the same hard crashes happen.

-  I have my old 450w power supply I could give a shot.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 14 (1,028 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EMPRR-NL wrote:

Thanks for the response! I'm glad you're willing to help.

I have tried everything advised by EA at my previous post.

DxDiag is included in my reply.

Now to point off your suggestions. (once again thanks for giving them).

- I did not have any issue before upgrading my hardware. But, playing with the old specs was unplayable because of the performance. Also, because I never encounter the hard crashes outside of Battlefield (unless I have before launched Battlefield V) I'm almost certain it's not my hardware.

- I have reseated all my cables. I also removed my older breakoutbox and bought a new one with power management build in, but this did not solve it.

- I have downloaded the latest version of Windows 10. I have not yet reinstalled Windows 10. I did however format my C drive upon installing windows 10 when I upgraded my hardware.

- System temperatures are fine. I even stresstested my hardware and everything ran smoothly.

- I have not yet removed any usb device and tried playing Battlefield. I will try this out.

- I have tried changing memory module and in diffrent slots. Even tested it with a different pair of RAM.

- BIOS was not up to date before. But I did update this because a friend told me to do so yet, the same hard crashes happen.

-  I have my old 450w power supply I could give a shot.

Thanks!

A couple of things I'd try

1. use DX11 in BF5 (select this option from within game)

2. Go into settings (control panel) to Power management and make sure that high performance is selected

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 14 (1,012 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Sorry I already tried both before, Sadly didnt solve my issue.

i think ill reinstall Windows this weekend. Currently Im using the Windows 10 enterprise edition or something (correct me if Im wrong).

but i still have a Windows 10 home edition. Might there be issues regarding the different version of Windows?

Message 5 of 14 (1,005 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @EMPRR-NL Windows 10 enterprise should not be an issue for you playing Battlefield V.

Make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Battlefield V and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Try running a CCleaner to remove old temp files and cache.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 6 of 14 (954 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I basically tried everything now. Last friday I reinstalled Windows 10 to see if that would help. I was able to play for about 3 hours until the game crashed my PC again.

Nothing seems to work and there is no response from DICE/EA if this is either a common bug and if they know about it and if they are attempting to fix it. Such a shame because I'm a big Battlefield fan and have played and bought every Battlefield (even Battlefield Heroes and P4F and spent a lot of money on them) to support DICE/EA, and was very excited about a WW2 Battlefield again.

Again after the hard crash last friday I haven't played BFV and only played different games without a single hard crash.

I'm out of ideas. Going to leave this as is for now and check back in in a few months to see if it's fixed. Or when I have a new PC.

Message 7 of 14 (909 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @EMPRR-NL , thanks for the information, did you try what I suggested above? 

When you are saying crashing, as in do you get a blue screen or?  Also what other games are you playing? 

While playing can you take a look if your PC is overheating? 

/Atic 

Message 8 of 14 (859 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have tried everything above and consulted different forums and fixes from Battlefield 1 too. And neither of the solutions worked.

About the crashing; during gameplay at any given moment (could be within the starting of the game until 3 to 4 hours of gameplay, usually it happens within 20 minutes), the game freezes and the last sound/sound effects play on a very short loop. 

During that I can’t ctrl + alt + delete or alt + tab or do anything. The only solution is to hard reset (holding down power button until my pc restarts). 

Meanwhile I have played: Ring of Elysium (numerous hours in a row), Forza Horizon 4 (also many hours in a row), Dead by Daylight, Rocket League, Insurgency Sandstorm and even Cod black ops 4 (oh boy do I miss Battlefield when playing that..).

none of those games gave a single hardcrash. 

I have checked temperatures and everything has steady temperatures without hitting over 70 degrees (cpu) and gpu not going above 60 degrees.

i have also stresstested my pc quite a few times but nothing triggers an hard crash. 

Hope this makes things a bit more clear!

Message 9 of 14 (848 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issues with this game, as it seems.

I haven't had any issues with other games or prior Battlefield titles with this machine. After experiencing these hard crashes, I even tried lowering all kinds of clockrates, increased cooling and so on, but it didn't help at all.

I even re-checked the machine with all kinds of stability programs, but the system was still fine (Prime95, OCCT, MemTest and so on). 

Quite odd. Sometimes the machine will run the game fine for an hour, then I'll get an error (blue screen usually, sometimes CTD) after a couple of minutes. It's absurd. While the game works, performance is perfect. Stable frame rates, no hiccups, very smooth.

Message 10 of 14 (823 Views)