Re: Battlefield V causes Hard Crash

by ToastyJoost

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Did you manage to find a solution?

I installed BFV after 2-3 months again last week. Still the same is happening. 3 times in total:

1st time: I was playing for about an hour, closed the game, played another game. Started Battlefield V again, and my PC hard crashed during the startup of the game.

2nd time: I was playing and it randomly hard crashed my PC during gameplay.

3rd time: Basically the same as the first time, played battlefield, played another game, started Battlefield again and the game crashed on startup.

I noticed my Razer keyboard also stops with the wave of colors over the keyboard. It just gets stuck, the entire PC just stops.

Tried basically anything now. Everything seems fine except from Battlefield V... Such a shame. I've always been a loyal Battlefield fan. But this changes a lot for me.

Message 11 of 14 (489 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey @EMPRR-NL, can you post a Dxdiag to us so we can see what hardware and drivers you are using. With that information also what kind of power supply do you have? 

/Atic 
Message 12 of 14 (482 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic

I have the issue of crashing to desktop too (no BSOD or error message; simply crash back to Windows) and posted in the crashing info gathering thread with dxdiag and other info.

i've included an export of my pc spec now as well. hope that helps. (I've edited some sensitive data out)

i never had this problem when the game launched and played without this issue during launch until a month or so ago.

then the crashes started happening. seems completely random. i can play a full map or shortly after the map starts it crashes. usually within 10-20 mins of playing though. even with the latest patch it does this.

i have:

updated all drivers

cleared origin cache

disabled origin overlay

tried DX12 and DX11 modes and various graphic option combinations

clean boot

no overclocking or overheating

ran origin and BFV as admin

downgraded graphics drivers to 417 level and back again

did a sfc /scannow to attempt to check integrity issues.

none made any difference.

i'm losing confidence and while i really want to play, it makes it unplayable for me.

ANY help would be really appreciated as i'm keen to play again...

Message 13 of 14 (434 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
after much troubleshooting and googling every potential fix that people have reported, nothing worked.

I now seem to have (so far) stopped the game from crashing.

There's an option in the advanced video options where you can disable or enable "GPU memory restrictions". this is enabled by default. I disabled this.

the description text reads that disabling this may cause instability in the game but so far it seems to have done the opposite for me.

maps where i encountered regular and quick crashes now play out without crashing.

i'll keep trying to see if this has completely resolved it for me, but so far so good.
Message 14 of 14 (398 Views)