Battlefield V abnormal FPS issues

by AlfaSierra6000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield V abnormal FPS issues

★★ Novice

Since I bought the game a couple of days of i really cant play becuase the frames wont go above 40, even if they did, they go up to 55 FPS in non-combat situations, but if i go near a tank, or try to destroy one, my frames drop significantly to the point where it is not playable, need some help I did everything on the Official forums, Reddit, and even youtube but still, there is nothing that actually helped me

My Specs:

Omen HP Laptop

I7-8750H at 2.20 GHZ 

GTX 1060 6Gb varient

16 GB DDR4 1 slot

Nothing ever works, low high ultra, i just want to have 60-75 FPS on low I really dont care abt graphics, 

Message 1 of 6 (888 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield V abnormal FPS issues

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@AlfaSierra6000hi mate
what release of nvidia drivers are you using? did you perform a clean (advanced) install erasing all the previous settings?

it may seem like it's a gpu/cpu temperature issue: many gpus/cpus throttle when put under high temperatures.
Did you disable cpu scaling in bios/hp power settings? is your laptop set on performance mode? is your antivirus put on standby when you're gaming?

put a fan stand under your laptop may solve your overheating problems

You can check your pc health status with various softwares included with your pc or 3rd party ones (like hwmonitor o everest free)

let me know if this helped your or solved the issue

cheers

If someone's post helped you please give it an XP ➕
If someone's post solved your issue remember to mark it as "solution" ✔

I'm available through private message! IT/EN

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (816 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@AlfaSierra6000 

Can you please try the following from @ragnarok013 as they are likely to help (same CPU)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Lag-Stuttering-and-Massive-FPS-Drops-After-The-Defying-Th...

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (851 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Barry 

Unfortunately, the solution provided by @ragnarok013 did not help as i never turned on DX12, and future frame rendering was always on

my question is:

If i disable DX12 in-game will that disable it?

tried the settings provided on every settings possible

I dont have Geforce EXp or MSI afterburner installed

Message 3 of 6 (831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@AlfaSierra6000hi mate
what release of nvidia drivers are you using? did you perform a clean (advanced) install erasing all the previous settings?

it may seem like it's a gpu/cpu temperature issue: many gpus/cpus throttle when put under high temperatures.
Did you disable cpu scaling in bios/hp power settings? is your laptop set on performance mode? is your antivirus put on standby when you're gaming?

put a fan stand under your laptop may solve your overheating problems

You can check your pc health status with various softwares included with your pc or 3rd party ones (like hwmonitor o everest free)

let me know if this helped your or solved the issue

cheers

If someone's post helped you please give it an XP ➕
If someone's post solved your issue remember to mark it as "solution" ✔

I'm available through private message! IT/EN

Message 4 of 6 (817 Views)

★★ Novice

I re-installed windows, updated all the drivers, but i could not find the BIOS option

BUT, hey thnx mate Now i have 85 fps on BFV, 100 on BF1, it was a heating problem, as soon i put a fan beneath the laptop it run extremely much smoother than its used to be mate

Cheer!!

See u on the battlefield!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 6 (794 Views)

★★★ Guide
@AlfaSierra6000 glad it worked!!! see you on the battlefield!
Message 6 of 6 (784 Views)