Re: Battlefield V Won't Launch - Xbox One X

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield V Won't Launch - Xbox One X

★★★ Newbie

I have a super frustrating issue that has just started on my Xbox One X. 

Two days ago Battlefield 5 updated with the latest patch. After the update, I attempted to launch the game. However, the launch screen for battlefield 5 appears for up to 10 seconds, and then the game drops and the console slides back to the Xbox home screen. This issue happens every time I attempt to launch the game, and I haven't been able to start, let alone play the game since then.

I have tried to play on the other Xbox in our house (a day one Xbox One console), and I have no trouble launching the game on my profile and another profile. 

Setup:

Xbox One X console, physical copy of Battlefield V, and EA Access for Xbox One. Battlefield V is installed from disk and updates downloaded from the cloud (access also included with EA Access). Need for Speed Payback has been fully downloaded from the cloud using EA Access subscription. A physical copy of Destiny 2.

I have tried every possible solution I could find online to solve this which I'll detail below. Someone, please help!

Attempt One:

Restart the Xbox console

I restarted the Xbox by holding down the Xbox button for ten seconds until the console turned off. Console rebooted entirely (including the animated green screen).

Attempt Two:

Close the game by clicking the menu button and selecting quit. 

I was unable to do this as quit is not an option as the game doesn't open. 

Attempt Three:

Clear game data from all locations.

I have successfully removed game data from all location on the Xbox and cloud. After completing this, there was no change, and the ea games still will not start.

Attempt Four:

Uninstall and reinstall the game

I completely uninstalled the game and all game files using My Games and Apps. I loaded the Battlefield V disk and waited for the game to install again. The same issue still occurs, and the game does not start with the screen returning to the Xbox home screen after approximately ten seconds.

Attempt Five:

Purchase EA Access and try again

To confirm the issues wasn't related to a faulty disk (I haven't tried the disc in my other Xbox yet due to the substantial time required to download and install all game files) I purchased a subscription to EA Access. Attempted to load Battlefield V and there was no change to the problem.

Attempt to play Destiny 2

After loading the Destiny 2 disc, my Xbox console opened Destiny correctly, and I was able to play the game without an issue.

Download Need for Speed Payback

I decided to try another EA title and given I now had access figured I'd check out Need for Speed. After downloading the game in full from the store, I attempted to load it up. The loading screen appeared for ten seconds, and then you guessed it, I was taken back to the Xbox home screen and unable to play the game.

Attempt Six:

Try on another console

After getting the results on my Xbox One X, I decided to bite the bullet and install all three games on my Xbox One (Day One Console). Destiny was already installed, so that was easy. I installed Battlefield V and Need for Speed and was able to play both games with no issues at all.

Attempt Seven:

Factory reset my Xbox One X Console

Based on the fact my profile work perfect on my other console things has reached the ultimate action from the Xbox help section, a full factory reset of my Xbox One X console. After completing the full factory reset and reinstalling all three games, the situations remains precisely the same. Destiny 2 plays perfectly and the two EA title (Battlefield V and Need for Speed) open to the loading screen and return to the Xbox home screen after ten seconds. The behaviour is the same no matter if I am using the disk or relying on EA access.

Attempt Eight:

Reinstall Battlefield V offline before checking for updates

I a final roll of the dice I attempted to install Battlefield V while offline and without a profile logged in. The game installed from the disc and then after going online to play required the update to be downloaded first before the game would launch. After completing the download and opening the game, the loading screen appeared again for ten seconds before returning to the Xbox One home screen. So once again, not fixed and still can't play the game.

Now I'm stuck unable to play Battlefield or any of the EA Access games on my Xbox One X. Does anyone have a fix for this so I can go back to using this console rather than my poor old day one console that sounds like it is going to explode at any moment.

Message 1 of 4 (2,314 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

Wow, amazingly detailed post and super easy to read and follow what is going on, massive thank you for that! @jamesjc25 

You have done all the troubleshooting that we recommend or even can think of at this stage, doing connective don't make to much sense as you tried on another Xbox. But just a question is both on wifi the X and Original Xbox? 

What other games do you have on Xbox X and have you tried any of them (ignore Destiny 2 and Need for Speed: Payback). Could you also try FIFA just in case that it's just our games that are causing an issue.

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,251 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Wow, amazingly detailed post and super easy to read and follow what is going on, massive thank you for that! @jamesjc25 

You have done all the troubleshooting that we recommend or even can think of at this stage, doing connective don't make to much sense as you tried on another Xbox. But just a question is both on wifi the X and Original Xbox? 

What other games do you have on Xbox X and have you tried any of them (ignore Destiny 2 and Need for Speed: Payback). Could you also try FIFA just in case that it's just our games that are causing an issue.

/Atic 
Message 2 of 4 (2,252 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. No solutions. 

Message 3 of 4 (1,102 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, we'll closed this thread as it's an old one, can you create a new thread with details of how exactly it's failing for you, as well as including the steps you've tried already?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (1,079 Views)