Battlefield V - User Inface update issue

by sparrowhwk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield V - User Inface update issue

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm unable to update the ui since the latest patch.  When I start the game up before the main menu even loads it says I need to update the user interface in order to play online.  I hit update but the progress bar sits at 0%.  I've let the game sit for 30+ minutes with no increase in the progress.

I've tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling (3 times now)

Deleted Origin cache files

Completely removed Origin and re installed, then reinstalled the game (one of the times above)

Updated video drivers

Updated Java (read in another post this may have helped someone with a user interface update in Battlefield I)

Installed the game to another SSD (another attempt above)

I've also done numerous checks of the game files and it doesn't seem to find anything wrong.

Nothing seems to have fixed my issue, I'm hoping someone here can help.

FYI the game ran fine prior to the new patch.

My system specs:

i7-7700K

RTX 2070 Super

32 GB Ram

500 GB SSD (game install drive)

500 GB SSD (OS installed)

Message 1 of 5 (571 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield V - User Inface update issue

★★★★★ Newbie

Found out from a friend that he had a UI update today so I'm guessing that fixed my issue.  The new update must have over written the issue I was previously having.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (494 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Have you tried to delete the bfv config /settings folder from documents\batllefield v and restart the game? Java is less important these days but .Netframeworks is required for most software and games i think, but this should update with Windows automatically (check to be sure)? Maybe updating the SSD firmware can make the communication / speeds better and always use the latest drivers. Also disable any virus scanner or add origin and bfv to the whitelist.

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 5 (540 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the response.

I did try deleting my config files, but that was before I moved the game to another drive.  I can try that again as well as checking that my virus has the game whitelisted.  I'll update when I have a chance to get home and try these out.

Message 3 of 5 (523 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Well it seems to be working fine now.  Not sure what was going on.  I got home and found my new modem had been delivered today, was upgrading my service speeds, and after I installed it I decided to try out BFV on a whim and it updated the ui.  I hadn't tried any of the changes mentioned above yet so it's possible it may have been a bug with my internet connection, except everything else was running fine over it.  Again not sure, will keep an eye on it and post more if it happens again.

Message 4 of 5 (496 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Found out from a friend that he had a UI update today so I'm guessing that fixed my issue.  The new update must have over written the issue I was previously having.

Message 5 of 5 (495 Views)