Battlefield V Stories Won't Install

by d5h3c1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield V Stories Won't Install

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I installed Battlefield V for PC, and it is stuck at 0% loading stories.  I played the "My Country Calling" introduction, and there is an orange checkbox at the bottom.  The other Stories, "Under No Flag", "Norlys", etc, all say "Installing 0%".  In the upper right hand corner of the screen it says "Installing".  Nothing happens when I click on them.  I waited an hour, restarted the game several times, restarted my PC, and it is still stuck.  I installed the game on my D drive, using the triple threat promo code with the RTX 2060 in case that is relevant.

Message 1 of 6 (5,955 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield V Stories Won't Install

★★★ Newbie
Thanks for the reply. I selected the repair option in the Origin control panel and that fixed it.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (5,930 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, 

Sorry to hear you are stuck. Have you tried to delete the C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\Battlefield V folder after uninstalling the game ? After delete, reboot and reinstall the game again. 

Cheers,

Message 2 of 6 (5,940 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi! @d5h3c1 

Try the following:

1.Check if there is sufficient space left in your D drive.
2. Turn On Safe Mode Downloading by following steps from https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/origin/origin/my-game-downloaded-through-origin-but-will-not-install/
3.Clear Origin cache by following steps from https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games

If issue persist then provide your system specification.

Message 3 of 6 (5,934 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks for the reply. I selected the repair option in the Origin control panel and that fixed it.
Message 4 of 6 (5,931 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello I had the same issue but I manually allowed all origin exe files in my windows advanced firewall settings, restarted the computer and it worked.

Message 5 of 6 (2,301 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,,,you just click repair and it's done?  If we click the stories to install, what will be shown exactly? only the install bar move? I tried reinstalling, repair, validate steam files but all are not working

Message 6 of 6 (1,393 Views)