Battlefield V Performance - PC

by TheRebel112

Original Post

Battlefield V Performance - PC

★★ Novice

I imagine there have already been thousand of threads/posts regarding PC performance and frame rate hovering around 60 or even under on many occasions... but I've never found a solution unless I've missed it.

But my PC's specs are as follows;

Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 1300X Quad-Core Processor 3.50 GHz

Installed Ram: 32.0 GB

System type: 64-bit

GFX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 

The problem I am is having no matter what game setting I change in the video section, the game is constantly hovering below 60fps. To get a solid 60fps would be a start, but any higher would be even better for smoother gameplay..

Can someone please advise me what to do here because I'm loosing my mind, the game runs like horse manure, I have tried everything....

Any help appreciated 

Message 1 of 13 (954 Views)

Re: Battlefield V Performance - PC

EA DICE Team

Thanks for the post and for the details! @TheRebel112  

Have you tried any troubleshooting? 

It's worth clearing the document folder for Battlefield V and then start the game back up and see if that helps out. Standard smile 

When you are playing does anything spike on your hardware in task manger? 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 13 (893 Views)

★★ Novice

I've tried everything that I can think of @EA_Atic, even uninstalled the game 2 days ago and re-installed it today and cleared the documents folder as you recommended and that's done nout Frown I did notice that upon loading the game it hovered around 60fps, which was something new, but as soon as I went into loading into conquest it just dropped below 60fps.

Strangely before It would fluctuate between 100+fps and 60fps and then below occasionally, but this just stayed at 60fps and below which if anything made the game feel much worse ._.

I don't notice anything unusual happening in the background when looking at task manager, even done the msconfig and disabling the whole non important parts and re-booted with a fresh slate and the game was still running as if I got a peasent PC lol

I just don't get why I see youtubers and what not just having smooth gameplay with no issues, granted some of them have NASA computers, but with my specs as listed above... surely the game can run on High settings, even Ultra

I also had a similar issue with Battlefield 1 in regards to FPS performance...

But anything from Battlefield 4 and below runs like a champ with lovely smooth gameplay, granted those games are 'older' so there is less strain on the hardware but the newer battlefields just run like poop, and it's annoying because I enjoy the game, but just cant get myself into it with these problems 

Message 3 of 13 (875 Views)

EA DICE Team

This is a long shot one if you go to Disc cleanup for C and then look for DirextX Shader cache, clear it and then start battlefield V and see if that helps you out. @TheRebel112  

Thanks for the breakdown on what is going on It helps a lot. Standard smile 

/Atic

Message 4 of 13 (857 Views)

★★ Novice

Just tried the disk clean up on DirextX Shader cache @EA_Atic and it didn't look like it made a difference Wondering 

A common thing that I've seen people talk about is GeForce Experience and that is the cause of the issue, but I've re-installed the thing, tried the game with it not running and it still ran terrible.

I cleared the documents folder and then the disk cleanup and then closed GeForce Experience and ran the game with fraps open to look at the FPS... and for a few minutes the game actually ran smooth with over 100fps and sticking at it, but then it went back to being terrible fps performance.

I'm just running out of ideas to what is causing this issue, my computer should be able to handle this game on Ultra quality but it's not, even with the quality settings set to the lowest they can go to the point the game looks like a potato, it still runs terrible...

I need a NASA computer seriously lol Large smile

Message 5 of 13 (831 Views)

EA DICE Team

Interesting that it was 100 FPS there @TheRebel112  Can you try to replicate that issue and have task manger open incase you see anything spiking on 100%? 

Also look on if any HDD is spiking on 100%. 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 13 (807 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah just replicated it now @EA_Atic, launched the game and went into a round and it was fluctuating around 50fps, not once did it exceed 60fps, even with me changing the quality settings around to see whether this did anything 

I had a look at my task manager and disk usage was pretty low, wasn't hitting 100% spend most of its time below 10%

As seen by the screenshot Battlefield V was hitting the CPU hard which I'm assuming is normal, did bounce to 100% every now and then but stayed roughly around 50% as can be seen in the provided screenshot.

I have seen issues in the past where the disk usage was around 100% but recently haven't seen it do anything to cause this affect.

Message 7 of 13 (800 Views)

★★ Novice

Just ran a FPS test with FRAPS,

and the results for Minimum / Maximum / Average was; 

Minimum: 22 FPS

Maximum: 88 FPS

Average: 53.383 FPS

and it definitely feels like 50 FPS because it just doesn't run smoothly what so ever, feels janky and gives the enemy the upper hand 

Message 8 of 13 (792 Views)

EA DICE Team

Thanks @TheRebel112

yeah not optimal FPS at all. Did you have look on the disk under Performance tab? ( Processes will show % of the total of all disk, it wont show 100% unless all disk are 100% there).

Is anything in your system over clocked? 

/Atic 

Message 9 of 13 (786 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah looked at the disk under performance tab just now @EA_Atic  and nothing seems out of character there at all apart from the usual running services by windows, but nothing suspect spiking.

Disk started around 100% but then settled down below 10% so I'm really not too sure...

I don't think anything on my computer is over clocked as that's something I usually avoid doing to my machines so they last longer in health 

Message 10 of 13 (763 Views)