Re: Battlefield V: PC user Xbox Controller - Crouching causes firing

by OmgTrey

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield V: PC user Xbox Controller - Crouching causes firing

★★ Novice

[APOLOGIES FOR POSTING SOMEWHERE ELSE, IT DEFAULTED THERE FOR SOME REASON]

Hello,

I have searched for hours now with no luck..., as far as I can tell I am the only one with this issue. Mind you, this is coming right off the new update. (Can't access that info, thanks Origin) But today is March 26, 2019. 

TL;DR

I am on PC. A very well built high-end pc at that (see below)

My xbox 360 controller is causing me to fire the gun when crouching (pressing B) in campaign mode on PC. So every time I crouch, the gun fires. good luck sneaking at all.... see below for further info.

Thank you.

I play single player, which means I am probably not very important. I also use both Keyboard + Mouse and Controllers. I noticed even with sli 1080ti, an i9 7920x 2.9Ghz, 32gb 2400MHz DDR4 ram computer, and a 4k monitor, I am receiving errors with control input. Far from expected with this investment. 

(see pc specs:

Intel Core i9 7920X 

Skylake-X

2.90GHz 12 Core 24 Thread 

EVGA ROG Mobo (142-SX-E297)

G.Skill 4x 8GB (F4-3000C15-8GVR)

nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB 

(One is the ASUS ROG poseidon and one is the EVGA one, but I got the SLI bridge to work fine)

Win 10 Pro

Plenty of space, my main drive is a Samsung 850 PRO 2TB SSD. ))

So.... I plugged in my old xbox360 controller. The first mission went great. I only noticed when starting the second mission (The british kid who explodes stuff.) I was sneaking up to the first enemy and when i crouched, my gun fired, causing a need to restart that checkpoint or whatever because it alerted the enemy and all his friends....

So I tried it again, just crouching causes the gun to fire. Why would RT trigger by pressing B?

So I tried other controllers.... It turns out none have any support outside of like Steam (maybe Blizzard). So it doesn't help me with ORIGIN/EA.

I tried installing my SCUF Vantage, no luck on PC and a PS4-DS4 with  terrible results.

The xbox360 worked the best so far... essentially EVERYTHING about this controller is working, except for some reason, when I press or press/hold B it will trigger the fire weapon. Going to prone, weapon fires. Crouching, weapon fires.

---

I buy these games for campaigns mainly, which means I am not a big part of your market. BUT I PAY THE SAME PRICE AS EVERYONE ELSE (for 1/250th the content) and expect to be treated with the same level of respect.

I haven't seen anyone else with this issue and it's really bugging me. I tried getting other controllers to work, nothing works even remotely except for xbox. My next step is an xbox one controller, but it isn't available for the foreseeable future. 

ANY IDEA WHY XBOX 360 "B" BUTTON IS CAUSING THE "RT" TO TRIGGER AS WELL??! Every other button and stick works perfectly fine!

Let me know if I need to upload footage of this, etc. Any other info you need. 

THANK YOU, 

Trey

Message 1 of 3 (554 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi, @OmgTrey 

Do you know if you have the latest driver installed for your Xbox 360 controller? I'd double-check that and also try right-clicking on the game in Origin and selecting Repair before launching the game again.

Updating Devices

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (536 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi, @OmgTrey 

Do you know if you have the latest driver installed for your Xbox 360 controller? I'd double-check that and also try right-clicking on the game in Origin and selecting Repair before launching the game again.

Updating Devices

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 3 (537 Views)

★★ Novice

I just installed the controller after having issues with KB+M. I will double check if there are new drivers, but this was the first time installing it. I have an xbox One controller that may work better? IDK, I only have the wireless device dongle thing for the 360. 

Thanks for replying. It's a strange bug. I have tried the repair option and noticed this right after the latest update was installed - no luck. I am not sure if this was an issue before the latest update. 

It sucks the Scuf Vantage doesn't work on PC and I can't get my PS4 controller to work properly. Maybe I can figure out how to get the xbox one controller to work....

Thanks again,

-- OmgTrey

Message 3 of 3 (523 Views)