Battlefield V Mouse Input Lag/Stutter

by MadFlipz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield V Mouse Input Lag/Stutter

★★ Novice

By now it seems like I'm not the only person being plagued with this mouse input lag and its driving me insane, I just got this game after new year and surely enough I jumped straight into the band wagon and started playing. I've been getting this weird mouse input lag in which the mouse really slows down to the point where I can't even aim and shoot properly resulting in a poor game play experience. This is most notable when the FPS Ticker lights up and that's where I start noticing my mouse stuttering alot. I've checked online for possible fixes to this including turning FFR ON and OFF, the biggest difference being that I take a HUGE FPS HIT when I turn off FFR and still get mouse input lag regardless. I tried using the renderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 1-4 where 1 seemed to have the least stutter. I also tried turning off V-Sync which seemed to help the input lag a little bit but its still noticeably there. I also monitored my CPU and GPU Usage, CPU was consistently in the 90% where-as my GPU was barely hitting 90%, it would hover around 50-70%. I bumped up the resolution scale to about 130% and noticed my GPU usage was over 90% now and weirdly enough, it improved my FPS in-game BUT the mouse input lag or stutter is still there. I tried running on the lowest settings to ultra, and the mouse stutter is still there. I tried uninstalling GPU drivers, rolled back to previous drivers. I tried turning off the Origin In-Game Overlay and still the same problem. Tried running the game on Windowed Borderless, Windowed, Fullscreen and messing around with V-Sync for each configuration. I still have that damned (pardon my language) mouse lag. I would also like to note that this problem also occurs with Star Wars Battlefront 2 for me, same description for the mouse lag and same ticker that lights. I'm lead to believe that my rig hates Frostbite engine. I would also like to make another note that I play Need For Speed Heat with 0 problems, felt like pointing it out since it runs on the same engine as these 2 games. I've attached my DxDiag in this thread hoping someone can help me out.

Message 1 of 8 (18,299 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield V Mouse Input Lag/Stutter

Champion (Retired)

I used to have a lot of mouse lag too in the past. The only solution for me was to "enable RAW mouse input" in the Controller > Controller tuning tab; in the game menu. What would also help was to disable the mouse / system monitoring tools from running in the background while playing. 

In case of a (slightly) slower machine were 90% CPU utilization takes place the process itself might slow down too making it harder to orientate back lack of feedback (FPS). So check all temperatures of the system and reduce any overclock you have to a maximum of 15/20% at most. Or try a Windows cleanboot to make sure no external software is contributing to this issue. Also:

-clean all hardware as good as possible

-perform a windows cleanup:  and select remove shader cash

-set NV PhysX to run on GPU in NV control pannel

-virus scan / adwcleaner, registry cleaner / ccleaner, HDD defragment / SSD trimm

-Good luck!

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (18,252 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

I used to have a lot of mouse lag too in the past. The only solution for me was to "enable RAW mouse input" in the Controller > Controller tuning tab; in the game menu. What would also help was to disable the mouse / system monitoring tools from running in the background while playing. 

In case of a (slightly) slower machine were 90% CPU utilization takes place the process itself might slow down too making it harder to orientate back lack of feedback (FPS). So check all temperatures of the system and reduce any overclock you have to a maximum of 15/20% at most. Or try a Windows cleanboot to make sure no external software is contributing to this issue. Also:

-clean all hardware as good as possible

-perform a windows cleanup:  and select remove shader cash

-set NV PhysX to run on GPU in NV control pannel

-virus scan / adwcleaner, registry cleaner / ccleaner, HDD defragment / SSD trimm

-Good luck!

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 8 (18,253 Views)

★★ Novice
@XTRA-Larsiano I'll try this method and see if it works. Will report back asap.
Message 3 of 8 (18,215 Views)

★★ Novice

Wow! Surprisingly enough I disabled raw mouse input in the controller tuning option, and it fixed the whole lag issue for me! But thank you so much for bringing this up, I thought it'd have no effect on  my issue as this was a controller related setting but it freaking worked! Also, I'd like to add that I did re-download and reinstall the game before attempting to fix the game. That also helped and now I'm playing Battlefield V with no issues. Finally. Thank you.

Message 4 of 8 (18,195 Views)

★★ Novice

Uh oh... its seems like spoke too soon. So my issue came back around but this time instead of the mouse moving sluggishly around , it moves so fast it frame skips and so if i pan my camera really slowly the mouse accelerates really fast and stutters. Sigh. The issue only gets fixed whenever I uninstall and then redownload the game, after I've downloaded it and installed it, the game runs fine like I wanted it too but after I close the game and play it again later on, the issue comes back. I really regret buying this game.

Message 5 of 8 (18,131 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm a little late to the party but i just encountered this problem too and wanted to share my solution. For me the problem was my mouses polling rate. i had it set to 1000Hz, but after reducing this to 250Hz the lag went away. I have a Corsair Scimitar RGB mouse, i was able to change the polling rate in the iCUE software that came with my mouse.

Message 6 of 8 (11,404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@INTERNETXPL0RER I just had this problem today and this solved it for me, thanks!

Message 7 of 8 (11,260 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (11,130 Views)