Battlefield V - Low usage of the GPU.

by pathfinderemeu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield V - Low usage of the GPU.

★★★★★ Novice

9 months since launch and this isn't adressed yet.

Yes, it is a old problem with a LOT of people with the same issue and I never found a word from DICE. All others titles with the Frostbite engine it's incredibly well optmized at this matter and I really can't see why they failed with BFV. Even if only a minority of the players suffer with this.

I7-7700

1070Ti

Aready tried DX12 FFR OFF and ON. The game freezes like hell in inicial minutes of gameplay and transitions (death, spawning, etc). And the problem was not fixed. The GPU Usage still the same.

DX11 FFR OFF = 50/45% of Usage, when enabled goes to 60/70% at max.

Not to mention the CPU Usage that stays on 90% in all cases.

Fresh install of drivers and of the W10, DDU, Origin Cache, etc etc and etc and nothing solved. 

Others AAA games runs normally, with 99% of my GPU being used. Like BF1.

Another threads:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Battlefield-5-High-CPU-usage-Low-GPU-usage/td-p/724890...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/bfeudp/bfv_game_with_low_gpu_usage/

BFV Badly Optimized.jpg

Message 1 of 2 (437 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield V - Low usage of the GPU.

Champion (Retired)

@pathfinderemeu Most of the GPU monitoring tools will show the memory utilization over the gpu utilization as reference on how much of the card resources are actually in use. Since BFV can use up to 6GB of both system and GPU ram you might have a lot of free memory available in the resource manager. So in other word the card is doing the best it can under the circumstances. The 1070Ti should be able to run BFV quite nicely at around 90FPS on 1080x1920 pixels? Are you experiencing any issues at this time besides these? Im sure the future will bring both better gaphics drivers and BFV updates that will speed up things but at this time its mostly small updates and problem fixes and the bigger issues are yet to be cracked? Also BFv has so many objects and events that the complexity of the game itself contribute to average low framerates even on an RTX2080Ti overclocked and all with or without RTX enabled.

ofcource you can try all the basics:

system tuning

disable future frame rendering 

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (374 Views)

All Replies

Re: Battlefield V - Low usage of the GPU.

Champion (Retired)

@pathfinderemeu Most of the GPU monitoring tools will show the memory utilization over the gpu utilization as reference on how much of the card resources are actually in use. Since BFV can use up to 6GB of both system and GPU ram you might have a lot of free memory available in the resource manager. So in other word the card is doing the best it can under the circumstances. The 1070Ti should be able to run BFV quite nicely at around 90FPS on 1080x1920 pixels? Are you experiencing any issues at this time besides these? Im sure the future will bring both better gaphics drivers and BFV updates that will speed up things but at this time its mostly small updates and problem fixes and the bigger issues are yet to be cracked? Also BFv has so many objects and events that the complexity of the game itself contribute to average low framerates even on an RTX2080Ti overclocked and all with or without RTX enabled.

ofcource you can try all the basics:

system tuning

disable future frame rendering 

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 2 (375 Views)