Re: Battlefield V Keeps Crashing Due To High RAM Usage

by ninjatogo

Original Post

Battlefield V Keeps Crashing Due To High RAM Usage

★★ Novice

Hi, I have been receiving seemingly random crashes like many others, where the game freezes for a moment and then crashes to the desktop without an error message.

I tried many things such as reverting all hardware overclocks to stock values, closing all other applications when playing the game and of course turning down the game settings, but nothing works. It was just recently when I started tracking commit charge usage in MSI Afterburner, that I found that while playing the game the memory usage gradually grows to the point that it fills all available physical memory and crashes the application. Crash point

Using memory cleaner applications like Intelligent standby list cleaner can help free memory during gameplay, to play longer, but it still crashes eventually. It's as if the game keeps requesting more memory without freeing what it doesn't need. Memory cleaner settings

Is this an issue that is being investigated?

My specs are as follows:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.7 GHz

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (3200 MHz variant @ 3200 MHz)

GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 (OC with a custom curve)

Motherboard: ASUS B350-F with latest BIOS (4027)

Message 1 of 7 (2,709 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just bought a new Mobo ,cpu and ram and i am getting this same issue... my prior mobo,cpu and ram were 6 years old, ddr3 16gb and an i7 2600k.  I now have 16gb ddr4 and an i7, 8700k.. and all a sudden i get these crashes as well, right when i upgraded my PC, the game will run well.. no frame drops, everyhting going as expected.. then suddenly it freezes for maybe 5 seconds and the application closes with no warning, im just at my desktop homepage now. No clue whats going on and why its crashing now that i got a better set up?

i7-8700k

16gb ddr4 ram

gtx 1080

windows 10 pro

Message 2 of 7 (2,684 Views)

★★ Novice

Try tracking your RAM usage while the game is running. My issue seems to be directly linked to some sort of memory leak, as the game crashes when I run out of memory.

Message 3 of 7 (2,680 Views)

★ Novice

Try to use EmptyStandbyList to clear RAM usage, it's a known issue for NVIDIA's GPU, doesn't seem to effect AMD's GPU.

My specs below can run the game for hours without any issue

Ryzen 5 1600

RX 480 8GB

16GB DRAM

Message 4 of 7 (2,566 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
As I said in my first post, I already use a standby list cleaner, the problem is that it isn't perfect, and there are times where the list size will quickly grow past the size limits you set in the application. Where can I find more information on this known issue though? Is this just an issue for Frostbite engine games or any game on an Nvidia GPU?
Message 5 of 7 (2,557 Views)

★ Novice
You can find it by google NVIDIA memory standby issue. And it does happen in other games so it's not Frostbite engine's fault, it's both NVIDIA and Windows fault.
Message 6 of 7 (2,551 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just bought new NVMe m.2 drive for fresh windows10 install to eliminate other software compatibility , and all games are installed on another NVMe M.2. all I got installed on my PC is BFV and The Division 2 and only software I need for my motherboard. I played about 2hrs and crash again. PC is only 6mnths old with premium parts so I got no Idea what's wrong. Here's error :
bfv.exe

5ca2316b

KERNELBASE.dll

d620e319

887a0006

01d4eb7d680042e7

\Program Files (x86)\Battlefield V\bfv.exe

C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

af86f608-1ff6-4362-8c53-e622e2ad0c04
I'm fed up with this game now all we get is either patch which brakes other things or crashes to desktop plus unbalanced gameplay.Screenshot (5).png

Message 7 of 7 (2,404 Views)