Battlefield V - Intro plays at every launch

by Twitch-Onion

Original Post

Re: Battlefield V - Intro plays at every launch

★ Novice
@Twitch-Onion it still happens to me ive tried everything i saw on internet and nothing...
Message 31 of 45 (2,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same - still happening, now i got tired of having to start the game like that, ended up only playing it 7 hours, thought u would play 100 hours.... annoy me so much that intro... 

Message 32 of 45 (2,776 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you try to turn of "Controlled folder access" in "Ransomware Protection" as I mentioned in post#19? 

Click Start > Windows Defender settings > Virus & Thread Protection > Manage Ransomware Protection

Or: Press Start and enter "Virus & Thread Protection", scroll down and click on "Manage Ransomware protection" then turn off "Controlled folder access"

Test whether it helps. It did it for me and many others.

Message 33 of 45 (2,758 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

As an old BF-veteran (since BF2) i am also affected by this - i call it - bug.
I followd every hint and talked to EA-support (with no answer - first time no reaction to 3 tickets aboud the same problem) but nothing helps.
As rookie234 told, i use folder-redirection to redirect my data-subfolders to another drive.
I also use a second computer with windows server-network - the personal data there ist also redirected to our server. The same problem appears!

Some backup-tools also got problems with it. Renaming the PROSAVE, defender-exception or other things aren't my problem. Also the files will be generated, replaced and synced from game oder cloud.
I test everything without cloud sync but results are always the same.

In my opinion EA should integrate a switch or a hidden setting to disable this always-start-reinitialisation. I can't accept a bug like this exists such a long time!

I have to select sound etc. every start again and i have to watch the intro - i'm supposed to hate the game sometime because of that!

I will contact the support again and send a link to this post but i don't have much hope to get a solution to the problem.

Very brustrating!

Message 34 of 45 (2,674 Views)

★★ Apprentice

not everything that is told will work for everybody. The problem is mostly on EA, they have done something to the point that when they tell you to delete so in so (this case pro-save) the game doesn't recreate it as it should. That's why that every time the game is restarted and it isnt in there it puts you right back to the intro. Its trying to created but is being blocked on EA's side not ours. I know this from several hours of trying to get it to work,and its in the pacific update part. It was in there, I deleted it as I was asked to do, not it isn't being recreated as it should. The best solution is to give us a generic file we can put where they said it was, so that the game can write to it. I am on a fresh install of windows 10 (no errors) all drivers and updates are current. Defender and ransomware are off, game is being allowed thru windows firewall.So come on EA, get off your rears and get us people that bought, subscribe what we want and need back in the game. Always remember rule 1. the customer is always right. Rule 2 when the customer is wrong refer back to rule 1. After all without us (the customer) there is no EA, WE pay your SALARIES.

Message 35 of 45 (2,630 Views)

★ Novice

hey guys.

I cant find PROFSAVE file in my game. I have the most resent version of the game. idk maybe im doing something wrong?

Message 36 of 45 (2,621 Views)

★★ Apprentice

for some unforseen reason windows onedrive is grabbing it and putting it in the cloud.

Message 37 of 45 (2,614 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i dont have any PROSAVE in game folder

Message 38 of 45 (2,463 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! To tell how to get rid of the first "mission". 

Message 39 of 45 (2,342 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi 

I have had the same problems. No key bindings saved no video setting saved . Every time i started the game back to intro .

Turns out it was  because i unistalled   my  Microsoft    one drive. I put id back everything is fine.

Hope this helps someone  

Message 40 of 45 (2,264 Views)