Re: Battlefield V - Intro plays at every launch

by nightking_nor

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I finally worked it out. As a bunch of people already have said, you should change the name of that file (forgot what it's called). It didn't work at first, but i tried again and it worked.

Message 11 of 45 (17,094 Views)

★★★ Novice

From what i can tell this issue is related to folder redirection and/or folder protection by av or defender. 

Why they didn't implement this in a better way like utilizing "appdata" folder or "program data" folder i am not sure. The use of the documents folder seems to be problematic.

A viable technical solution to this would be to allow us to move this content to a folder that windows doesn't treat special. Maybe with a command line option or something similar to that.

All other solutions i have seen are either a work around that will break on next MS update or a set of manual steps to force the settings save every time you change something.

I opened a chat with support that was completely useless.  Maybe the developers will provide us with some flexible solutions to this so that we do not have to disable functionality we want or manually manipulate game files in order to play the game.

hopefully the devs actually read this stuff. 

Message 12 of 45 (17,092 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Everyone keeps talking about PROSAVE_tmp but my game does not generate a _tmp one, only PROSAVE and PROSAVE_backup
Message 13 of 45 (17,094 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Standard smile

Just wanted to say that I tried what you suggested and it seems to work now for me, had the same issue but after I changed the filename and restarted, It has saved my settings and the "Intro" has stopped also.

Message 14 of 45 (17,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

OK, I did some tests and I thnk I know the cause:

- Inside PROFSAVE there's a line ShownPrologueIntro 0, changing the value to 1 skips the intro.

- So everytime I launched the game that file gets reverted to the original so value goes back to 0.

- Changing the value is not an option so I tried disabling Cloud save and now the files do not get deleted and I can play normally.

- I tried modifying local files so Cloud files desync. Warning pop-up appears in Origin telling that.

- If I click "keep cloud files" they get overwritten and problem comes again.

- If I click "keep local files" they get deleted, template ones appear and problem is there.

SOLUTION FOR ME: disable cloud save.

Message 15 of 45 (17,074 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Thanks!! This was the solution for me! Go on documents folder in Windows, and Battlefield V folder. then settings and remove _tmp from PROFSAVE_tmp file. So filename is only "PROFSAVE"

Thanks again EA_Blueberry. 

Message 16 of 45 (63,994 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can open the game without doing the intro again but nothing saves anyways... the prologue says that i havent done it yet... (even tho i have done it 10 times already)

Message 17 of 45 (16,660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Try enable cloud save in origin setting, this worked for me.

Message 18 of 45 (16,392 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank's this helped me by turning off "Controlled folder access" in "Ransomware Protection"

Goto: Start > Windows Defender settings > Virus & Thread Protection > Manage Ransomware Protection

My problem was, that neither PROVSAVE... file was created in the documents folder. After turning the protection off, the files are now there.

Message 19 of 45 (15,654 Views)

★★ Novice
You sir, are the man. That fixed my issue. Windows Defender is preventing Origin/BF V from accessing that folder it seems. Turning it off (lazy way) has fixed it for me!
Message 20 of 45 (15,412 Views)