Re: Battlefield 5 wont launch

by Teniente1987

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 5 wont launch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have played the game a good 30 hours before this started happening. this problem started to happen over a month ago. i have talked to at least three agents on what to do to fix the sollution and all i end up getting is the same email sent to me with the same instructions which dont fix the game. the game will start to load and crash after 5 seconds straight to the origin menu without any error code. any fixes please let me know!

EDIT: IT'S WORKING FOR ME, THE FILES MAY BE CORRUPT SO SIMPLY CHANGE THE FILE NAME FOR BATTLEFIELD AS "Battlefield V old" THIS WORKED FOR ME!"

Message 1 of 11 (1,200 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice
@Teniente1987 Documents/Battlefield V/settings/PROFSAVE_profile open with Wordpad, find line "GstRender.Dx12Enabled " and make sure the number beside it is 0 (1 means Dx12 is on)

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (1,088 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice
@SK1TTL3G4M1NG Try editing the BFV profile file under My Documents and change the DX 12 Enable to either 0 or 1 and see if that helps. For me I can launch the game in DirectX 11 but trying in DirectX 12 gets me an immediate CTD before the load screen even shows.
Message 2 of 11 (1,175 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@MercenaryZX Hi, could you tell me the path of that editable text file? Thank you.
Message 3 of 11 (1,126 Views)

★★ Novice

unfortunatly hasnt worked thank you for the advice though Standard smile

Message 4 of 11 (1,107 Views)

★★ Novice
@Teniente1987 sound like a noob but how would i do that XD
Message 5 of 11 (1,106 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ive got the same issue, mine only started after the TTK hotfix

Message 6 of 11 (1,099 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Teniente1987 Documents/Battlefield V/settings/PROFSAVE_profile open with Wordpad, find line "GstRender.Dx12Enabled " and make sure the number beside it is 0 (1 means Dx12 is on)
Message 7 of 11 (1,089 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@MercenaryZX it works thank you
Message 8 of 11 (1,081 Views)

★ Novice

I think this would fix my problem but when i go into my documents folder there is no "battlfield v" 

I know this was made well over a year ago but someone pls help

Message 9 of 11 (721 Views)

★★ Novice

If you can’t find the folder try uninstalling an reinstalling, after that rename your battlefield folder to “battlefieldold” I have no idea why this worked for me but it was something to do with file corruption. Give it a go and see. 

Message 10 of 11 (683 Views)