Re: Battlefield 5 wont launch

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem

Message 92 of 136 (2,134 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Yukon1903 @winsonnn3110

Hello,

Can you please attach your DxDiag file to your message ? https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Also, if you already tried to fix the issue, please tell us what you tried.

Thanks!

Message 93 of 136 (2,128 Views)

★★ Novice

I have get it working.

At my side, the problem was the 1080ti. I had never touch nothing about overclocking on my gcard and on my computer. So I couldn't imagine that the problem was going to be related to this issue. Initially the GPU has the original speed at 1645Mhz and boost speed at 1759 (this is the speed at specs for this Zotac 1080ti Amp Extreme).

https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-amp-extreme#spec

Well when the game is launched the speed looks further limits till 2030Hz (why?!!!!). So I have used MSI Afterburner to get the main clock down 150~MHz.

Now the game works fine, without any problem at ultra, 4k and 60fps. And look at this detail, watching the GPU speed at MSI Monitor using the game I see that MHz runs till 1870MHz aprox. and I don't understand why, remember that I have get the main clock speed down, so 150MHz less should be applicable for 1645-1759MHz--->then 1500-1600MHz as result. But not, this 150 MHz goes versus the 2030MHz maximum overclocked speed.

So in my case, the problem were the overclocked parameters that had my gcard, I had never touched them, and lowering them the game begin to work fine.

I apologize for my previous comment at this thread, and I hope that my solved problem could work for other users too.

Regards

Message 94 of 136 (2,080 Views)

★★★ Novice

Got the same issue and Fixed it by upgrading windows version from 1803 to 1809. Hope this help you guys too.

Message 95 of 136 (2,031 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me also. I have cumulative update 1809 also.

It wont launch after the most recent BF V update.

What the hell is going wrong?

DICE please fix this.

Message 96 of 136 (1,903 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi @@BBrev10,  @Darktrooper4

Im new to this issue, since this is the first time im trying to run battlefield v,

I have the latest windows update which is 1809, and latest nvidia drivers 417.71 and i have tried almost all the things that this thread has mentioned. Still no luck.

I have attached the dxdiag of my system. please help. i really really want to play this game.

Message 97 of 136 (1,888 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried this game on my old pc -- it didn't start. I waited 2 months and got a new pc, still doesn't start. I've read every thread I can find on the internet and tried every fix, contacting support, everything.

This is abysmal.

Message 98 of 136 (1,828 Views)

★★★ Novice
It's insane to think this many people are having a problem with this hunk of crap. I've got 70hrs logged and all of a sudden cannot launch.

Why is there no statement or investigation? There's clearly a bug in the latest release of either BFV or Origin.
Message 99 of 136 (1,790 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same flipping problem. Re-install didn't work, did the re-do origin thing, did the delete folders thing, did the repair thing, did the update everything on the computer thing... nothing worked. 

EXCEPT THIS TIME, I also opted in for the beta versions of origin and it launched. So try opting in to use the beta version of Origin and you should be good to go (hopefully)! Standard smile

Message 100 of 136 (1,735 Views)