★★★★ Novice
Got it working!

Reverted nVidia driver back to 417.22

Have to restart Origin afterwards
Message 71 of 136 (2,374 Views)

Re: Battlefield 5 wont launch

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Awesome, but I have a AMD GPU. I tried the Optional drivers and 18.9.3 and nothing. 

Edit: Going to try with the BFV Launch drivers 18.11.2

Edit 2: Launch Drivers did not help. Still not starting the game. Going to try and reinstall it now. 

Edit 3: Okay I started the download then copied my BFV folder over into the directory. I then resumed the DL and it seems to be downloading something now. 

Edit 4: Nope not working. Re-install did not help.

Edit 5: Going to completely remove Origin from my PC including temp files and from the registry and then see if that helps. 

Final Edit: GOT IT WORKING! 

Go here: https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/ and follow "The Hard Ways" options. It's a chore but it works perfectly now. 

Message 72 of 136 (2,352 Views)

★★★ Novice

ok so just now updated my MB bios and its been working ever since. so far so good.

Message 73 of 136 (2,259 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So, my game just randomly started working again. I'm really beginning to think that all of this is just some kind of online DRM issue triggered by some minimal changes to your pc config.

Message 74 of 136 (2,247 Views)

★★★ Novice

i think i got a solution 

same exact issue. customer support sucks. wont help.. bios update game update nothing...i have three gaming PC two at home and one at work. and all doing the same thing. it randomly work. but right now none is working. no matter what i try. 

ok so this is whats going on. its a DRM issue. if you use more than one computer. you need to leave origin open on the computer you want to play on for about an hour before you can play. 

not sure what is the purpose EA is going for. but trust me it work. just open origin let it be online for an hour and run the game. it will work like a champ. 

Message 75 of 136 (2,204 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue...Game re-install, origin re-install (the hard way with registry purge and all)...drivers are all up to date - super frustrating still. 

Message 76 of 136 (2,178 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm amazed and embarrassed, I tried so many things, but I neglected to try to launch the game with DX12 on, I turned it on after resetting my pc, and boom! the game takes a long time to load in, but the game generally runs much better, and I've played for about 40 minutes without issue.

Big thanks to @EA_Barry and especially @IICookieGII for trying to help me so thoroughly, I only figured out I should turn on DX12 after finding the forums for a 3d rendering software, hopefully this can help somebody. 

Message 77 of 136 (2,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did almost everything this guy has done yet i still can't launch for more than 10 seconds

GTX1070 - i7-7700k - 16gb ram 

Message 78 of 136 (2,156 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I was having same issues for last couple of days.  Initially I had a graphics driver of 388 something.  It said I need at least the 416.94 or later.  Updated to most recent and started having these issues where Origin would minimize and then come back up a few seconds later and game never started.  I went to geforce.com/drivers and downloaded driver 416.94 for my card, installed it, now BF5 loads no problem.  Hope that helps some people as I was super frustrated too.

GTX1060

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

32gb RAM

MSI X370

Message 79 of 136 (2,122 Views)

★★ Novice

The game was working yesterday and all of a sudden crashed. After that it does not launch any more. When I click on the game it waits for a few seconds Origin goes away and comes back. No game launch. The launch works with BF1 and SWBF2 and I am able to play those two games. 

Had no issues from the launch of the game till yesterday. I am going to try to reformat my machine and see if it work. 

Message 80 of 136 (2,110 Views)