Re: Battlefield 5 wont launch

by MrLadebalken1

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

Hey, @Ummayad

Have you turned OFF Future Frame Rendering? Make sure you also try the game with the memory restriction ON.

I did see your display is Integrated (Internal Topology/Onboard as you have a Pavilion laptop).  Have you double checked for Intel updates to the chipset?

Your CPU is just above minimum spec so no probs there.

that is all I can suggest for now, let me know how you get on?

(There lots of other possibilities but this would be the first set of things to check)

Best of Luck!

Message 61 of 136 (2,644 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

ok im having the same issue as well. i tried everything everyone tried to fix the issue with same results. i kept on hitting the play button over and over and over again, i got it to work one time. but thats it.. now back to the issue... its defiantly a game or origin issue. please fix......i want to play Frown 

Message 62 of 136 (2,599 Views)

★ Novice

Yep. The same issue happened with me after the Wednesday update.

Message 63 of 136 (2,582 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Just a couple of hours ago today i was playing without a problem and now i'm having exactly same issue as OP. BFV won't launch. bfv.exe briefly appears in the Task Manager, then disappears. No game window, no error, nothing.

Tried everything imaginable. Reverted back my video driver and latest windows update (i'm on Win7 x64). Reinstalled Origin and BFV, ran CCleaner for clean boot, cleaned manually GPU_Cache folder, removed settings folder, disabled Origin-ingame and cloud sync. Nada. It won't launch. Incredibly frustrating.

Message 64 of 136 (2,576 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@IICookieGII

I have tried all 3, none worked, thanks for the attempt at least.

12/13/18 2:43am Update: I deleted all the temp files for Origin, disabled compatibility mode for the BFV.exe application(didn't change anything before I deleted the temp files) and now it launches to the menu again occasionally, about 20% of the time I get to the menu, and in fact I've only crashed in the menu once in the past 4 times I've launched the game, but whenever I either load into a map or when I was watching the video for small front-lines, I saw my CPU usage spike up from ~97% to 100%, the game stutters, and then crashes. hopefully I can find a fix for the crashes (which were a problem before the game outright stopped launching)

perhaps this will help somebody who can't even get the game to launch.

12/13/18 3:16am Update 2: Attached is what I got from the !analyze -v command on my most recent .dmp file (* dump.txt) (where the game launched, then crashed while queuing for conquest) the analysis says something about divide by zero which I thought was very funny, from what I can gleam from Wikipedia this means the program is trying to access restricted memory. I don't know much about what this means otherwise. I will investigate my memory allocation again and update again if I can find out what is going on

@IICookieGII Below Me (I'd rather not make another post to fill up the replies artificially) Firstly, thank you very much for trying to help me, I believe I have an 8th gen on this computer, this is not my usual computer, my chip-set is definitely up to date, I've repeatedly checked, and even installed some software from intel to double check that it's up to date, I'll attempt to update the BIOS later today, and i'll update then. Fortunately my power supply for my regular pc arrives tomorrow so I can see if THAT PC has problems too. 

Message 65 of 136 (2,524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

So, I was having this issue after the last update and 2 days after trying everything I could I was just giving up when boom, started working again without me doing anything differently. Now look, new update just released and guess what? Game won´t launch again. No comments lol.

Message 66 of 136 (2,487 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Ummayad

I googled the igc64.dll issue and it revolves around your Intel chip and pixel shader issues.  I presume you may need to look at chipset updates/Bios updates?

What CPU do you have? Gen7, 8 or 9?

Good luck!

Message 67 of 136 (2,482 Views)

★ Apprentice
Having the same problem. Followed all the instructions provided in the threat and nothing seems to help.

Origin just minimizes whenever I click play.
Message 68 of 136 (2,465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Now i am also affacted. Since the patch today came out i cant play anymore.. wont start

Message 69 of 136 (2,462 Views)

★ Apprentice

Seems to be triggered by the update. I saw there was a Windows update and a AMD drivers update too but BFV was working after those has been installed. When the BFV update was done this problems started. 

Message 70 of 136 (2,447 Views)